• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Wedding Jacket

Reaction score
Very un-savvy fashion guy here...Getting married in December and looking for more information regarding the blue velvet jacket Chris Evans wore to the Oscars this past year. Does anyone know the specific color used? I've ordered swatches in the interest of getting the right fabric to have a jacket made but have been unsuccessful thus far capturing the right color...the clock is ticking. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Attachments

dauster

Reaction score
here is the article and below it says it is ferragamo...https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/chris-evans-stylist-explains-his-prince-charming-oscars-look-1190948
Urbinati said it was not an easy color to find in velvet last minute, so they needed a designer to make it custom for him in just two weeks.

“Ferragamo was able to source the fabric and they make really beautiful custom pieces," she added. "We literally tried it on three days before the Oscars."

Reaction score
Yeah, thanks @dauster, I had seen that article as well. Researching further info from Ferragamo and Urbinati hasn't turned up anything.

classicalthunde

Reaction score
I believe that color is called "RAF blue"or Royal Air Force Blue: https://encycolorpedia.com/5d8aa8

I'd start asking fabric/velvet producers if they have anything similar thats suitable for a dinner jacket, and see where that gets you... I know Holland and Sherry has a good range of velvet for interiors (not sure if its suitable for DJs), this looks like a pretty similar shade
edit: also the unfunded liabilities thread is pretty helpful in getting fabric recommendations, theres also a black tie thread that might be of help too...

classicalthunde

Reaction score
@classicalthunde Thank you! This was very helpful. I've reached out for a sample you linked to at Holland and will look at those threads you mentioned. Much appreciated!

"I like your nurses uniform guy"
just make sure its suitable for clothing and not just drapes/furniture...holland and sherry produces fabric for both. if you're working with a tailor, I'd see if he can source a RAF blue velvet as that might be the safest route so its not overly heavy or hot

dauster

Reaction score
Really like the jacket myself, so just called Ferragamo NYC but they no longer offer MTM and surprise surprise not very helpful some would say borderline rude (sorry my request was not about what different shades of yellow your ties are)... Had to get kind of harsh in order for them to help me, now they will call corporate and let me know, but have zero hope that they will come back with something useful.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 75 17.0%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 146 33.0%
  • 8”

Votes: 130 29.4%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%