• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wedding Gift Etiquette

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a lot of money and they probably appreciated it, regardless of what they said. Well done.

Most I think we got for our wedding was $200 and the average I think was $100 per person. Fact of the matter is, I can't remember what we got and who gave it to us because it really doesn't matter.

Wedding costs are ridiculous and emotionally manipulative, but that's a whole other discussion.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ok, this is somewhat related, but I am going to an engagement party. Do I bring a gift? What kind?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are you also going to the wedding?
Do you know the dude or the chick...or both?

But booze is always the answer to these types of questions.

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am probably going to the wedding. I know him more than her, but I like them both. Very good people.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting them a bird and a cage. That's no good?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I am probably going to the wedding. I know him more than her, but I like them both. Very good people.

Walk in with bottle of scotch or a bottle(s) of champagne wrapped nicely. Hand it to the chick. Then enjoy the other libations at the event.

Last edited:

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

although the cannolis you brought over to my pow wow were a huge hit.

and yes, by cannolis, i mean dick

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Those F***ers were expensive too. When I told the girl I wanted all of them and she was like, huh? I didn't realize I was buying $50 worth. Meh, I still would have bought them all anyway.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
all but like 5 were consumed. then the next day, we realized that the shells were all soggy, so we just ate the filling like it was yogurt

pfurey

Reaction score
I'm in the wedding industry. I'd give $300-600 for a couple based on venue. $1,000 if you hate money and want to leave an impression on them.

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think gifting the bride a simple accessory like a clutch or wallet is appropriate? I don't really know her but am high school friends with the groom. I don't know anything about household items, electronics, etc, nor women's bags for that matter but at least they're fashion related. They're somewhat into designer stuff.

Last edited:

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's weird. Buy them a very nice frame they can put a nice photo in. Go to ralph lauren or something and you can find something for $75. Why would you buy someone elses wife a personal gift?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ok, new wedding gift question. My cousin is getting married who I saw recently, but haven't seen in probably the last 8 years. I am invited to his wedding which is inconveniently out of town when I also have to be inconveniently out of town the following weekend for my friend from college's wedding. Should my decline to attend my cousin's wedding include money in a card? Do I give as much as if I went? Do I put anything in the card at all?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads