• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wedding Bands?

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a wedding ring, and I was considering making it a little more interesting. I looked into Bottega Veneta, but I can't seem to find any mens rings with their weave. I also looked at MMM's offerings and they might be a little too far out there. They did make one that was pretty tame, but I couldn't find it for sale anywhere. Are there any other designers that make mens rings that would be suitable for a wedding band?

videocrew

Reaction score
This is something you are going to wear everyday for hopefully the rest of your life. If you go with something trendy, are you sure you're going to like this same trend 30 years from now? I doubt it. This is somewhere you want to stay totally classic.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good point, but I don't think a little interest would be bad.

jenkinslaw

Reaction score
This one's easy. Get the one your fiancÃ
00a9.png
e wants. Mine wanted Tiffany. That's what I got.

EuroCyclist

Reaction score
i'm also in the market for a wedding band...
i've decided on going with a simple, soft gold band that will age nicely. haven't decided where to kop yet though. any ideas?

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is something where shopping around locally cam really pay off--depending on where you live I suppose. I ended up getting a simple, classic white gold band that was made my a regional jeweler. The shop, in Portland, that sells his work is called The Real Mother Goose, which is admittedly a terrie name. However, the craftsmen jewelery they sell is amazing, with way more opportunity to get something classic yet unique the big box jewelry shops, which are mostly bad, and when they are not, they are ultra-inflated price wise.

Look into small jewelry-oriented shops in your area. You might be pleasantly surprised but what you find.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gawd. Sorry about all the crap typos. Posting w/ iPhone.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Wouldn't want to wear an MMM for a wedding band, but you can get more 'design-y' modern jewelry and I think there's nothing wrong with that for wedding bands. Damiani has some interesting sets (avoid the ones with the huge Damiani logo though), Van Cleef, Cartier, etc, etc.

giraffe lookout

Reaction score
I got married three years ago and my wife and I got some rings made by this guy. http://www.georgesawyer.com/

I looks like he has gone a little flashier since we first visited the sight. Our rings are understated so they don't look all that different unless you really look at them but I think they turned out great.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrianVarick
I am looking for a wedding ring, and I was considering making it a little more interesting. I looked into Bottega Veneta, but I can't seem to find any mens rings with their weave. I also looked at MMM's offerings and they might be a little too far out there. They did make one that was pretty tame, but I couldn't find it for sale anywhere. Are there any other designers that make mens rings that would be suitable for a wedding band?

I like the look, but not for almost $5K.
http://www.bottegaveneta.com/default...:%229000%22%7D

They make/made a sterling one for around $1K.

I'm not sure I'd want something like this for my wedding band though.

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yep, i concur about shopping locally.

i had ours made at a local goldsmith in Vermont called Fire and Metal, he does amazing work.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just recently got married and bought a Benchmark 14K ring.
recf76200.jpg
Just something simple, but it has a nice weight to it. I was also looking for something would age a nicely. If you have the money for it, look for something made locally. It will have a lot more meaning than if you went to a chain or bought something from a trendy designer.

icepick

Reaction score
I have a black tungsten carbide band.

31uoMFyhmNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

$100. The coating has developed a little bit of a patina so far, but from a distance, it's solid black.

I get tons of comments on it.

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
I have a tungsten band, too. Mine is more traditional silver, but indestructible, I think it would serve you well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads