• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wedding Anniversary Gift

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Crap - just realized that my 5-year wedding anniversary is Friday.

Apparently, the traditional gift for a 5-year anniversary is WOOD.

Anyone got any ideas on a gift made of wood for my wife?

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Oh that is so begging for a tasteless joke...

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
ill take the highroad Brad (wont happen often)

go find her a nice jewelery box...

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiger02
Oh that is so begging for a tasteless joke...

Yes - it is...

But I'm expecting more out of you guys
smile.gif

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
go find her a nice jewelery box...

This is the only thing I could think of as well.

By the way, Happy anniversary! My wife and I celebrate our 5th anniversary on Thurs. We decided not to buy each other gifts and instead we are going on vacation to the Bahamas.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congratulations are in order!!
Funnily enough our fifth wedding anniversary is next month, lol.

Jewellery box is a good idea. You could even go for, say a wooden sculpture of some sort, a nice frame with a picture with some personal meaning. Hmm, maybe even more rustic wooden jewellery! Seriously. Does she like antiques? That's another idea.

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by topcatny
This is the only thing I could think of as well.

By the way, Happy anniversary! My wife and I celebrate our 5th anniversary on Thurs. We decided not to buy each other gifts and instead we are going on vacation to the Bahamas.

Did that really work? My GF and I had the same agreement and went on a trip for Valentines day. She was still upset that she didn't get something
frown.gif

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something exquisite and handcarved, perhaps?

~ Huntsman

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Renault78law
Did that really work? My GF and I had the same agreement and went on a trip for Valentines day. She was still upset that she didn't get something
frown.gif

So far it has. This has backfired on us before when we both agreed not to buy gifts for some occasion or another. We talked about it again this weekend and we agreed that we weren't getting eachother gifts. I'll let you know if it works out on Fri. though.
lookaround.gif

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by topcatny
So far it has. This has backfired on us before when we both agreed not to buy gifts for some occasion or another. We talked about it again this weekend and we agreed that we weren't getting eachother gifts. I'll let you know if it works out on Fri. though.
lookaround.gif

and if you are still alive Saturday morning, I shall pass on my congratulations for that too
smile.gif

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get her a nice umbrella. Maby a nice clock or hour glass with a wooden casing.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
UPDATE - went with the wood jewelry box idea. Also suggested last night that we go out to dinner on Friday night and then do the Downtown Art Walk known as First Friday here in Phoenix. Turned out she had completely forgotten about the occasion, so I get bonus points for appearing to be on top of the situation.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
and if you are still alive Saturday morning, I shall pass on my congratulations for that too
smile.gif

Ditto. Get a gift for insurance purposes. Otherwise, you may be stuck running down to the gas station for a box of snacks and a windshield wiper when all the stores are closed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads