• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wedding and engagement accessories (photos included)

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Well, the wedding was three weeks ago Friday. The day was wonderful. As was the honeymoon to Barcelona.

Until we get proofs from the photographer to show off our stunning selves (!) I thought I would post some photos of the accessories involved--for me at least. The one thing that is missing is the lapel vase that I used to hold my boutonniere (sp?). I got any number of compliments on it.

My wife bought me two engagement gifts with the belief that we should both be celebrating and, besices, I shelled out some serious money for that ring and I should get a gift too.

The first is this lovely Elgin pocket watch. I believe it is 20s or 30s though I don't know for sure. I will do some reserach to see if I can't find out more detail. Two different views are below--one showing the chain and one highlighting the face. There were gasps from those who saw it--especially a friend who is a pocket watch nut, though not much of a collector because he is very thrifty. He is still jealous.
laugh.gif

engagementwatch1bcw7.jpg

engagementwatch3bhe4.jpg

Second is a pair of CT cherry brown suede brogue boots. They are pictured here with the CT black calf wholecuts that I bought for the wedding. [I'll put these over in that CT shoes thread too along with some comments.] Sorry it's not an oriental rug, but I like it nonetheless.
smile.gif

egagementandweddingshoejo4.jpg

As a wedding gift, my wife bought me a set of enamel cufflinks (I suspec they are American) and a stud set for the wedding. Someone can enlighten me about the number of studs in the set. There are three but my shirt had four button holes to replace. Where is the "error"? Is the set missing one of its studs or is this just a new version of the shirt (turn-down collar with pleats) where in the past there would have been one fewer hole to fill?

engagementcufflinks1bxn7.jpg

weddingstudsandlinks1bgf7.jpg

Finally, here is a T&A pocket square that I picked up off EBay one day. I thought it complemented everything really well since it is black, white, and gray. The wedding had no "colors". Everything was white except for some very sparse hints of deep bourgundy in the flowers and chair sashes.

weddingpockettasquare2va3.jpg

bob

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fabulous pocket watch! Everything looks great. Congratulations to you and the missus.

rabbimark

Reaction score
great watch, fantastic links, super pocket square! Hope your big day was a delightful as your joy in her gifts, mazal tov to you both.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Most importantly, congratulations on the marriage!

Second, nice stuff.

There should normally be four studs in a set, however.

Demeter

Reaction score
Very beautiful watch! Shoes are killer, too.

Oh, and congratulations on the wonderful event. :p

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by philosophe
Congrats, Bob! That watch is AWESOME.

Yes, nice watch. Perhaps a silly question, but how does one wear the watch and chain please?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Congratulations on your marriage!

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats, congrats! Very nice accessories! Looking forward to pics of the entire outfit.

*cough*shoetrees*cough*

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chobochobo
Yes, nice watch. Perhaps a silly question, but how does one wear the watch and chain please?
The bar at the end of the the chain is intended to be slipped through a buttonhole, either in a waistcoat or a lapel, in the latter case with the watch carried in the breast pocket. And rdawson: Congratulations!
worship.gif
The pocket watch and the stud/cufflink set match very well - were they found as a set, or did you have to search them out separately?

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the nice words everyone. The watch was found at a local antiques shop of all the places to find such a beautiful thing. And it sat there for many many months. One particularly nice feature of the watch is that it hasn't been engraved yet so it can be personalized. [Oddly the same is true of my wife's engagement ring. It sat at the jeweler's for months with apparently no interest until I finally got my dosh together. Beautiful 20s-30s setting.] The stud set, as well as the cuff-links, were bought from a dealer at the Baltimore Antiques fair at the convention center a few months back. We went on a lark and had a good time. Chobochobo, I also didn't know how to wear it. I knew that wearing it in my vest pocket would require a formal vest (for the lapels with a button hole) but I wasn't dressed formal (semi, just black tie). I wore it completely contained in a vest pocket. Perhaps I could have put it in the breast pocket of my jacket, but that would have been a bit too much, with the pocket square and the lapel vase. And, yes Quirk, there are shoe trees in them. I just didn't have them in for the photos. They are cared for.
wink.gif
bob

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads