• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Weber grill worth the extra money?

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking I want to buy new, but if there is no benefit I will buy used.

Is a Weber grill worth the extra money? Brinkmann and Char-Broil are both much cheaper and I could get more grill for the money. Any recommendations/tips are much appreciated!

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Weber (Summit 420) and I really like it -- very solid.

I had a Napoleon before that and it was also very good. In my experience, if you pay less, you will buy more often, so in the long run it's probably something of a wash. YYMV

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very much worth it IMO.

I'm replacing my Weber Genesis this summer with a similar model. The current Weber is 12 years old and I've abused it mightily in this period. My buddy (in Omaha turns out LOL) buys whatever is cheap, usually Charbroil, and replaces it every 3 years. Additionally, the cheapo's just don't put out enough heat, especially up north here where try to stretch the grilling season as long as possible.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you fellas!

I think I'll fork out the extra coin for a good Weber. Seems like a good investment.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Achilles_
Thank you fellas!

I think I'll fork out the extra coin for a good Weber. Seems like a good investment.

gas or charcoal? if charcoal, drop the extra $20 to $30 and get the model with the ash catcher. HUGE convenience.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gas. Is charcoal that much better though?

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
YES, i just bought the newest SE Genesis and its is leauges above everything else I've owned... after going through the replacement grill scenerio every 2-3 years I finally dropped the $$ to get something decent, plus they are amazing with customer service.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Achilles_
Gas. Is charcoal that much better though?

probably not that much. i prefer it, though.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like gas because I grill year-round and I don't want to be dicking around lighting a fire in the deep freeze of winter ...
cold[1].gif

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the Genesis E 310 and it is worth every penny. Would love to have big green egg or charcoal but just don't have the time or space to put it.

I believe this year they moved the burner controls to the front of the grill on the Genesis line, whereas they were on the top of the right shelf previously. Big improvement in my eyes.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a Genesis and I'm a bit disappointed in it. I've owned Webers in the past that have been better. Mine is currently two years old ... the grill grates have rusted out and been replaced once already. The automatic lighter is also dead as a doornail (and lighting using a match is a pain ********** versus my previous Weber).

x26

Reaction score
If you only need to Cook for less than 4 people the Weber Q-120 is perfect.
I have one and I am Thrilled with the Performance.

sleekblackroadster

Reaction score
i got a cheaper char-broil 4 burner stainless grill a few years ago on sale at lowes. it is not the most solid thing in the world but it is plenty nice imo and has nice heavy duty grates. definetely gets the job done and after tons of use i only just now have a single burner to replace. the replacement parts are way cheaper than weber also. a nice cover keeps it looking nice. overall i'd say it was a no-brainer for me for the $200 bucks i paid for it versus over $700 for an equivalent looking weber.

i do own a weber lil smokey for some small-timer charcoal use..

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Say, whatever happened to that fellow; grillin' fool?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads