1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

weasel fur?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ThinkDerm, Oct 28, 2012.

Tags:
  1. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

I was checking out a kiton jacket and I noticed it was lined in weasel fur.

Any idea the quality of weasel fur?

2. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

Weasels are related to stoats and minks and their fur is well known to provide warmth. I don't know all of the advantages of the benefits, unfortunately.

3. Twotone

Twotone Senior member

Haven't seen weasel fur. I saw a nice high-end leather jacket lined with possum fur. It was very soft and had a nice sheen. I would never have guessed it was possum.

4. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

The stoat is type of weasel; its fur is ermine, which sees extensive use on traditional/ceremonial robes and the like. For example, the number of rows of white ermine tails on peers' Robes of State is used to indicate their rank (eg a Baron has two whereas an Earl has three).

It feels very soft but dense. I suspect it would be very warm indeed; I rather like it.

5. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

Yes, the winter fur of the stoat or short-tailed weasel is a fine fur! I am surprised that opossum fur looks and feels so good. The opossums I commonly see look like rather scruffy animals.

Real people wear real fur!

6. Patek

Patek Senior member

7. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Weasel is soft as shit. I had a weasel lined jacket once. Amazing.

8. dapperdoctor

dapperdoctor Senior member

Isn't that the stuff that's on the floor after (insert Romney or Obama here, depending on your preference) gets a haircut?