• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wearing vests with jeans is that a crime?

__PG__

Reaction score
han-solo.jpg

Kiwi Man

Reaction score
If you feel comfortable wearing those two things together, why does it matter?

I honestly do not think that what Mr Bieber wears is a bad taste, but we all have different taste of what we want to wear.

If you like what you wear, I'm actually happy for you!

IsteRed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MasterplayerC
matt-bomer-photos05.jpg
I'm a fan of Matt Bomer's style, both on and off White Collar. I don't think this is a 100% win, but its significantly better than Bieber.

Hmmmm....No i don't think this is win at all. I think i can dress like this but just because of my age,I'm 18.But still,even i don't dress like this. But who am i to judge you if you like it do it.

hermes man

Reaction score
matt-bomer-photos05.jpg

I'm a fan of Matt Bomer's style, both on and off White Collar. I don't think this is a 100% win, but its significantly better than Bieber.

this guy is looking well with the jeans and vest too..

i am really interested in this style , thats why i am asking most of u because i am not sure whether it would pass ..

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lurker[1].gif

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks horrible to me.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ You're one of the most versatile posters on this forum.
smile.gif

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
In order to wear a vest with jeans you would also have to not wear a belt and have the bottom of the vest cover the waistband of your jeans. Doing this properly your jeans would have to sit on your natural waist. This means that the waistband would not have belt loops, but side tabs and buttons for braces. So, you would be left with wearing a vest, with braces and jeans up to your naval. You would be a walking contradiction of formal and casual.
teacha.gif

Now, would you honestly wear that?

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix

I love Oldog's posts in WAYWRN, and he is infinitely superior to me, style-wise, but I don't like this look at all. Maybe it's just the jeans that really do not work in the slightest.

Every dog has its day, and, olddog has most of 'em.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads