• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wearing raw denim

Chris Benson

Reaction score
I just bought my first pair of Nudie jeans (Slim Jims) on the weekend and wore them for the first time today and I love them! One question though, it says you should wear them 6 months before the first washing, does this mean wearing them everyday before the first washing or wearing them off and on for 6 months before washing?

I work in an office, so wearing them every day to work might be a little over the top. So I will have to rotate them.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keep a tally. If you wash them even one day shy of 6 months, or one day longer, they'll be ruined and you'll have to throw them out and start all over again.

bdr3

Reaction score
Why do people suck at jeans so much?

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6 months is not a hard and fast rule, it's just a general guideline. You can search around this forum or sufu for pics on the evolution of jeans and get a sense of when people think its a good idea to wash.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
Keep a tally. If you wash them even one day shy of 6 months, or one day longer, they'll be ruined and you'll be unable to break them in any longer and will have to give them to a jedi such as myself to break in for you with the SF force.

fixed.

Chris Benson

Reaction score
Keep a tally. If you wash them even one day shy of 6 months, or one day longer, they'll be ruined and you'll have to throw them out and start all over again.
Really, Is that what you did?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I hope you're messing with him because you realize HE'S messing YOU.

XeF4

Reaction score
The first rule of raw denim club is you do not ask questions.
The second rule of raw denim club is if somebody breaks the first rule you have to be a genuine asshole to them.

Chris Benson

Reaction score
I hope you're messing with him because you realize HE'S messing YOU.
Thank heavens you told me. Here I marked off on my calendar May 22nd 2008 Wash jeans!! cause I thought he was serious. I mean just what kind of person would ever lie on the internet?!?! Let me tell you, I might just jump on a plane and fly out and give xchen a piece of my mind!!

I can't afford it now, but just wait until Howgul Abul Arhu from the Ivory Coast transfers that eight hundred thousand he owes me from his foreign bank account. Then I'll be set and you all better watch out.

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chris Benson
I work in an office, so wearing them every day to work might be a little over the top. So I will have to rotate them.

Rotate them if you want, but nobody will notice that you're wearing the same jeans everyday. Especially if you're sitting at a desk/computer.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nudies pocket stitch is ugly enough where people might notice

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
Nudies pocket stitch is ugly enough where people might notice

A Nudie thread that went 10 posts before a comment about the pocket stitching. That's restraint.

Berticus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbaquiran
Rotate them if you want, but nobody will notice that you're wearing the same jeans everyday. Especially if you're sitting at a desk/computer.

Most people expect you to wear the same jeans multiple days at a time.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So that's why raw denim smells like a homeless person? Actually, I wonder if that homeless guy outside my office is wearing Nudies?

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
Keep a tally. If you wash them even one day shy of 6 months, or one day longer, they'll be ruined and you'll have to throw them out and start all over again. You will also be fined by SF and banned from the forum.

Fixed again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads