• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wearing pants shorter....How short ?

Sartorial Rascal

Reaction score
Flipped the cuffs on my jeans from touching my shoe with a slight stack to a good 2 inches of air between cuff and shoe. Wore some old scuffed Jil S's cap toe lace ups in saddle tan. Felt like a bad ass, Florentine style with the rest of my gear. Where are you guys with shorter lengths now that it's gaining popularity ?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I visited the tailor recently and had him hem some w+h roped pants. He had measured it for a slight break but I asked him to bring it up an additional two inches. So right at the ankle
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sartorial Rascal
Flipped the cuffs on my jeans from touching my shoe with a slight stack to a good 2 inches of air between cuff and shoe. Wore some old scuffed Jil S's cap toe lace ups in saddle tan. Felt like a bad ass, Florentine style with the rest of my gear. Where are you guys with shorter lengths now that it's gaining popularity ?

I stack or roll em, hemmed jeans look awful.

2 inches could look fine or bad depending so post pic if you want substantive input.

Stillblade

Reaction score
I really don't dig that style, makes most people look less like badasses like squares to me but to each his own.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the look, but I feel like it makes me look like I am trying to hard
frown.gif

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stillblade
I really don't dig that style, makes most people look less like badasses like squares to me but to each his own.

LOL @ 'squares'. Wearing strides clear of the shoes looks a damn sight sharper than having them dragging on the deck. Late 1960s mods and skinheads from the UK would disagree with you all the way, and there were never a sharper, less 'square' set of dressers, in their own way. Strides hang better when they don't catch on shoes.

browniecj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man-of-Mystery
LOL @ 'squares'. Wearing strides clear of the shoes looks a damn sight sharper than having them dragging on the deck. Late 1960s mods and skinheads from the UK would disagree with you all the way, and there were never a sharper, less 'square' set of dressers, in their own way. Strides hang better when they don't catch on shoes.
Well said,M-o-M
satisfied.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads