Wearing pants shorter....How short ?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Sartorial Rascal, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Sartorial Rascal

Sartorial Rascal New Member

Flipped the cuffs on my jeans from touching my shoe with a slight stack to a good 2 inches of air between cuff and shoe. Wore some old scuffed Jil S's cap toe lace ups in saddle tan. Felt like a bad ass, Florentine style with the rest of my gear. Where are you guys with shorter lengths now that it's gaining popularity ?

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

I visited the tailor recently and had him hem some w+h roped pants. He had measured it for a slight break but I asked him to bring it up an additional two inches. So right at the ankle [​IMG]

3. DLester

DLester Senior member

Flipped the cuffs on my jeans from touching my shoe with a slight stack to a good 2 inches of air between cuff and shoe. Wore some old scuffed Jil S's cap toe lace ups in saddle tan. Felt like a bad ass, Florentine style with the rest of my gear. Where are you guys with shorter lengths now that it's gaining popularity ?

I stack or roll em, hemmed jeans look awful.

2 inches could look fine or bad depending so post pic if you want substantive input.

4. Stillblade

Stillblade Senior member

I really don't dig that style, makes most people look less like badasses like squares to me but to each his own.

5. BrianVarick

BrianVarick Senior member

I like the look, but I feel like it makes me look like I am trying to hard[​IMG]

6. Man-of-Mystery

Man-of-Mystery Senior member

I really don't dig that style, makes most people look less like badasses like squares to me but to each his own.

LOL @ 'squares'. Wearing strides clear of the shoes looks a damn sight sharper than having them dragging on the deck. Late 1960s mods and skinheads from the UK would disagree with you all the way, and there were never a sharper, less 'square' set of dressers, in their own way. Strides hang better when they don't catch on shoes.

7. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

LOL @ 'squares'. Wearing strides clear of the shoes looks a damn sight sharper than having them dragging on the deck. Late 1960s mods and skinheads from the UK would disagree with you all the way, and there were never a sharper, less 'square' set of dressers, in their own way. Strides hang better when they don't catch on shoes.
    Well said,M-o-M[​IMG]