1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Wearing out unwashed denim

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Sevcom, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Sevcom

Sevcom Senior member

I've been intrigued by the discussions on wearing unwashed denim and aging them by wearing them constantly. So I picked up a pair of rigid Levi's 517 bootcuts (granted, not APC/PDC/Nudie, but they were $24) about a week and a half ago, and have been wearing them nearly every day. While they have started to get folds and creases in the normal places, they've yet to pick up any real whiskering or fading.

Am I doing something wrong? Maybe I'm just not rough enough with them? I don't have a bike/break broncos/play full-contact rugby in them, so it's mostly just walking around, going out, etc. Are there any tricks to making them age faster (without resorting to sanding, which risks really cheesy-looking wear marks)? It's a decent experiment, but I'd rather go back to wearing my PDC 1-years ...

2. Aaron

Aaron Senior member

You just have to keep wearing them, and don't wash them for as long as you can stand.  I had a pair of unwashed indigo Calvin's that took a good 3 months of wearing 3-5 days a week for them to obtain some good fading.  Have fun.

Aaron