• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Wearing my first Alden's today

The Louche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Calf tassel for Brooks in burgundy. Now I see why so many people think they are the superior American brand. I also find tassel loafers (of which these are also my first pair) can be rakish in an obnoxious way when worn with an attitude. Not at all the fusty image I once had of them...

Good talk.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Louche
Now I see why so many people think they are the superior American brand.
I agree with you ... I much prefer Alden to AE.
Originally Posted by The Louche
I also find tassel loafers (of which these are also my first pair) can be rakish in an obnoxious way when worn with an attitude.
Hopefully you won't long feel the need for such an attitude.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Don't let vox hear you say that.
It's right here for him to "hear." I can take the heat.

It's the heft that I like ... of the Alden shoe, that is.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alden Tassel Loafers rock the fat ass. I love mine so much, it almost makes me cry. I think I love them more than any woman I've ever been with.* * To be fair, I have them in shell cordovan.

Newcomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
Alden Tassel Loafers rock the fat ass. I love mine so much, it almost makes me cry. I think I love them more than any woman I've ever been with.*

* To be fair, I have them in shell cordovan.

Can a woman compare to it, the horse?

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Polo/Re-badged C&J tassel loafer in shell cordovan trumps your Alden #8 tassel loafer!

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
It's right here for him to "hear." I can take the heat. It's the heft that I like ... of the Alden shoe, that is.
corrected...v
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

The Louche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.