• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wearing fresh undershirts!

How often do you purchase/replace your undershirts?

• Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quarterly

• Semi-Annually

• Annually

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

duranelmer04

Reaction score
I've been wearing undershirts under my business casual/professional clothes for years now. But I never really know how often I should be replacing these white undershirts. They are medium to high quality shirts. How often do people replace their undershirts?

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've been wearing undershirts under my business casual/professional clothes for years now. But I never really know how often I should be replacing these white undershirts. They are medium to high quality shirts. How often do people replace their undershirts?

Are you asking how frequently we wash them or throw them away? If toss, whenever they get dingy...usually a year+

12345Michael54321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Replace them when they show signs of wear which you find objectionable.

When this happens will vary from person to person, and is highly dependent on a number of individual factors. When someone else replaces his undershirts should no more guide you, than would the fact that this man wears a size 12E shoe incline you to believe that that's the size you ought to be wearing.

Murlsquirl - I didn't get the impression that the OP was wondering when to wash his undershirts. But if he were, that would be an easy question to answer; an undershirt should be washed after it's been worn. Same rule as applies to underpants.

JulianC

Reaction score
Never owned an undershirt. Never known anyone who has

Last edited:

RyanM2

Reaction score
I wear undershirts - white v-neck t-shirts, not those "beaters". They protect my dress shirts from antiperspirant stains, and absorb sweat. There is added warmth in the winter. I prefer v-necks, so that they are not visible with an open collar.

To answer OP, I replace them when they start looking worn out.

Last edited:

12345Michael54321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Never owned an undershirt. Never known anyone who has

Okay.

But I'm not sure that's particularly relevant to the question of when one who does wear undershirts should replace them.

It's sort of like there being a thread on crew neck sweaters vs. v-neck sweaters, and someone posting that he doesn't wear sweaters and has never known anyone who does.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where to buy v-neck undershirts? I bought some from Uniqlo but they are so short that they hardly stay tucked in.

RyanM2

Reaction score
I just buy what's on sale at department stores... Calvin Klein, etc. The ones in packages, usually 2 or 3 in a package. Actually I have some by converse that are quite long.

LGHT

Reaction score
I wear undershirts - white v-neck t-shirts, not those "beaters". They protect my dress shirts from antiperspirant stains, and absorb sweat. There is added warmth in the winter. I prefer v-necks, so that they are not visible with an open collar.

To answer OP, I replace them when they start looking worn out.

Exactly what I do. I also purchase mine on the tighter side to avoid "bunching".

LGHT

Reaction score
Where to buy v-neck undershirts? I bought some from Uniqlo but they are so short that they hardly stay tucked in.

Hanes makes a v-neck "LT" LARGE TALL t-shirt that I buy and love. The are actually 3" longer than there regular shirts. Sometime hard to fine, but well worth it when you do.

Spex

Reaction score
I suppose I have a great deal of undershirts...mostly Uniqlo HeatTech for the cooler months, and Dry Fit for the warmer. I probably have one or two that are several years old, however they show no signs of wear, nor any stains, so why would I get rid of them?

If you have a worn down, stained undershirt that you've only had for a month...then throw it away.

There is no magic time-limit, just common sense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads