1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wearing Ferragamo & Brioni Too early?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jakeyt, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

uniform ranks? really?

cufflinks for veeps and above? come on now. that is just ridiculous

2. TimNguyen

TimNguyen Well-Known Member

Thats so true. I don't think I have ever been asked about my clothes from another guy.

When I went for a job interview I made sure to not be too flashy. Its always good to make a great first impression but I didn't want my soon to be employer to scoff at me. I feel like its very important to stay modest. No one likes a show off. "Bling bling. look at me" haha

Oh man I missed a page entirely. As far as cuff links go I don't see a problem with someone at a lower level wearing them.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  3. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

+1

People evidently suffer from paranoid delusions thinking that they are a split second from the sack just because they wear a nice watch.

This thread is running a serious risk of me hurting my knuckles by punching a wall in frustration :brick: .

Most of you guys are smart, why the hell are you cross analyzing everything like a neurotic Woody Allen type character?

If a boss were to sack a junior office guy after seeing a nice watch, it will be more than likely be related to that person being shit at his job. The nice watch would only serve to trip the boss's mind into thinking that person contributes nothing to the company, yet appears to consider their status more important than their job performance - particularly when spending their barley deserved cash on brand whoring douchebagery.

Nothing worse for a boss when his/her employee suck at their job yet suffer from delusions of self grandeur and importance.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  4. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

exactly. if you perform, you can wear a god damn kiton suit and nothing will happen

5. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

There you go ;)
    Now that this is concluded, this irritating thread can finally die a death.

6. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

Well not really. But i can agree to not have the last word.

And with that I can promise to leave this particular thread by saying it's not even that I actually disagree with most of what's been said regarding 'what you can get away with'. Of course there are lots of other factors more important than you clothes. It's just that at some point all the little tiny things will start to matter and more in terms of your success. I hope you take the time to understand that. That's all.

I'm outta this one. Will be happy to see you all around other threads though. I enjoy are little chats!