1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wearing a skinny tie with a jacket

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ThatRandom, Mar 23, 2011.

1. ThatRandom

ThatRandom New Member

So i want to go for a casual look. dark blue (not navy) or black jeans. with a dress shirt; the ones you button all the way up with a collar and also a skinny tie. but i want to wear a jacket with it. not a blazer style jacket, but a more casual jacket. what kinda jackets can i wear with it? i'ma wear white nike classic style sneakers.
    thanks [​IMG]

2. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

3. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

So i want to go for a casual look. dark blue (not navy) or black jeans. with a dress shirt; the ones you button all the way up with a collar and also a skinny tie. but i want to wear a jacket with it. not a blazer style jacket, but a more casual jacket. what kinda jackets can i wear with it? i'ma wear white nike classic style sneakers.
    thanks [​IMG]

There's an Ask a Question thread right up at the top of the page dogg.

Also, don't do this.

4. bananananana

bananananana Senior member

Go to a jcrew store and ask one of the male SA's to put on a jacket. They're all basically dressed in jeans, button up shirt, skinny tie, and adidas sneakers.

5. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

you're doing it all wrong. [​IMG] you need a pink gingham shirt, the skinniest tie you can find, rolled levi's, and desert boots. throw any olive green jacket on top and preferably rock a faux-hawk. all jcrew'd out. bitches love jcrew.

6. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

dark blue (not navy) or black jeans.
    !?!?!?!?
    you need a pink gingham shirt, the skinniest tie you can find, rolled levi's, and desert boots. throw any olive green jacket on top and preferably rock a faux-hawk. all jcrew'd out. bitches love jcrew.
    [​IMG]

7. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

boom. look at his mom. she's practically dripping.

8. singh02

singh02 Well-Known Member

the tie should be about the same width as the lapels on your blazer,

9. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

there are like 3 of these threads a day but I actually find them pretty entertaining

10. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

11. Gutman

Gutman Senior member

There are actually quite a few types of jacket you can wear with OBD shirt, skinny tie and jeans. Think 1960s and Mod. Harrington already mentioned. Any shell jacket which is slim and straight. Anything English, almost: Duffle, Gloverall, Corduroy jacket etc. Or (my favs) tweed sports jackets, just make sure they have narrow lapels, are slim fitting and not too long. Definitely not a 70s jacket, too waisted, pagoda shoulder line etc. Look up some Steve McQueen pics.

12. UrbanAesthetics

UrbanAesthetics Senior member

I would try to stay away from skinny ties and stick to SLIM ties. But if you must, try an get a Grey Herringbone blazer with soft shoulders for that casual look that you desire. Or, the classic, un-constructed Navy Blazer. Never go wrong. Hope this helped!
    http://urbanaesthetics.tumblr.com/

13. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

if you are gonna post your tumblr on every post then just put it in your sig..

14. tomorrowstars

tomorrowstars Senior member

if you are gonna post your shitty blog on every post then just leave.

FTFY

15. Gutman

Gutman Senior member

I would try to stay away from skinny ties and stick to SLIM ties. But if you must, try an get a Grey Herringbone blazer with soft shoulders for that casual look that you desire. Or, the classic, un-constructed Navy Blazer. Never go wrong. Hope this helped!
    http://urbanaesthetics.tumblr.com/

Yes good call - i tend to use "slim" and "skinny" interchangeably, but you don't want the keyboard tie look, nor the leather tie (which thankfully i resisted in the 80s).

Lads, a bit harsh on the tagline comment! I like your blog and fits.

16. *#..

*#.. Senior member

you're doing it all wrong. [​IMG]

you need a pink gingham shirt, the skinniest tie you can find, rolled levi's, and desert boots. throw any olive green jacket on top and preferably rock a faux-hawk. all jcrew'd out. bitches love jcrew.

And get some chocolate, bitches love chocolate.