Wear this with what?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Buddy Love, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Buddy Love

Buddy Love Senior member

Hi there, i have been interested in dressing (preferably well [​IMG]) just for few months. Since I've been just graduated and I'm also pisspoor (until I find a decent job), I just purchase cheap stuff on sale and try to combine them somehow. Today I ordered this coat (or sports jacket):

[​IMG]

What would you wear with that? Jeans? Are Black shoes ok, or do brown ones look better? How about white sneakers?

Any advice is really appreciated. [​IMG]

2. atomicmrg

atomicmrg Active Member

That jacket looks very versatile, and would go well with jeans, or corduroys in a jean cut. As for me, I'd go with brown shoes, as black seems way too formal and conservative for that jacket

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Jeans, maybe wool or cotton pants in navy or charcoal, I would say black or brown shoes/boots or sneakers would be fine with it.

4. thinman

thinman Senior member

I like your jacket; it's very versatile and would go well with jeans or virtually any trousers in an earthtone, with a soft finish. So colors to wear with it include charcoal, navy, tan, or olive. The only colors I would avoid are black or a brown shade close in color to the jacket. Fabrics to wear include corduroy, denim, or tweed.

I'd wear brown or cordovan shoes/boots and belt with that jacket, but white sneakers might also work, depending on your age group (I wouldn't do it, but I'm approaching geezerdom).