• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

We have a sales alert thread, why not a dedicated coupon code thread?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blairh
Sorry, but it has nothing to do with searching for "Yoox". If a thread is dedicated to online codes, then I'll have access to specific threads regarding a potential online purchase I will make when I don't want to visit a retail store. Right now, I'm forced to read through "hey, BB has 30% off sweaters!" from a SF member, but that could pertain to only in store purchases only, when I'm not looking to visit a retail store.

Obviously it's not the end of the world if I need to scan the sales thread for online offers, I just think it makes sense to have separate threads.

FFS. You're not forced to read ****.

If you're looking for something specific, you search. If you're just reading to read, then do so. A lot of stores mentioned in the sale thread can be patronized both in person and online. There will always be a lot of crossover.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
The sales thread doesn't move fast enough for codes to get buried, they only move twice a year at that so no need for a separate coupon thread when you only have to go through a page or two.

lock thread

ps. how about everybody just pm blair with coupon codes since he wants to get spoon fed

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
******* lazy as **** Class of 09 noobs

blairh

Reaction score
God I love the attitude on this website. It wouldn't be a fashion thread if it didn't have it.

Let me rephrase the word "forced". Instead I mean if I'm looking only for online codes, I'll have to also read threads pertaining to in store sales. Again, not the end of the world, but I'm not alone in thinking a coupon only thread makes sense.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
God I love the attitude on this website. It wouldn't be a fashion thread if it didn't have it.

Let me rephrase the word "forced". Instead I mean if I'm looking only for online codes, I'll have to also read threads pertaining to in store sales. Again, not the end of the world, but I'm not alone in thinking a coupon only thread makes sense.

I've been on here for a number of years and, for better or for worse the trend has become to consolidate as much as possible into uber-threads. Some say that it makes the forum cleaner. Others say it jumbles too many different things together.

Of course my personal compromise would be to expand the SWAD board into additional sub-forums dealing with some of the most talked-about topics, such as sales, different brands, jeans fits, etc.

Yes, I understand that an advanced search exists, but that doesn't account for replies that don't quote or use the keyword you're searching for or members who have valuable info but put a typo in the keyword. Threads make it easier to find.

ryannn

Reaction score
I foresee this thread walking down the same road as Fuel Star minus the entertainment factor.
blush.gif

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
God I love the attitude on this website. It wouldn't be a fashion thread if it didn't have it. Let me rephrase the word "forced". Instead I mean if I'm looking only for online codes, I'll have to also read threads pertaining to in store sales. Again, not the end of the world, but I'm not alone in thinking a coupon only thread makes sense.
Awww you mean you have to spend more than 10 seconds? You poor, poor soul.

blairh

Reaction score
It's more than 10 seconds. Again, not the end of the world.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Omega Man
Not sure if BIG will have a sale this year. Gordon indicated because of the strong YEN, it makes it really hard for the store to have a sale. Let's cross our fingers!

Gordon said the same to me. Looks bleak.

Originally Posted by amnesiac
doc martens has a 35% off + free shipping ending this friday.

dmff3509

bigstar[1].gif

More ******* codes, less chit-chat.

Originally Posted by whodini
ur right. searching is hard.

If I had two hours, I could find anything I wanted. I don't always have that.

It's more than 10 seconds. Again, not the end of the world.

Agreed. Web searches are only one layer of gaining info.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads