• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

WE HAVE A RULING: C&J Boot: Villiers or Skye

Lawman

Reaction score
After all of this great input, I've decided to go with the Alden shell 4060s from Shoemart. Go figure.

The Villiers are my next shoe.

Villiers is a handgrade on the 337. Skye is a regular line on the 335.

Anyone here have any experience with the C&J Skye wingtip boots? I am particularly interested in hearing how they rate on the Tricker's "clunkiness" scale.

Lawman

Reaction score
quick bump. on the verge of pulling the trigger on a boot.

allreds

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lawman
quick bump. on the verge of pulling the trigger on a boot.

Let's see 'em. Please link.

allreds

Reaction score
Not bad. Which store are you shopping - it doesn't look like the pages from plal.

Lawman

Reaction score
Here is the page with the Villiers, which I'd never seen before.

allreds

Reaction score
I like the style and color of the Villiers much more than the Skye.

Avebury

Reaction score
I'd go for the Villiers. More unusual, more distinctive. Depends if you want a formal dress boot, or a country boot or not. If it's a country boot you want, I'd buy Trickers. Far better than C + J. I own a pair of Grasmere boots and they grow on me more and more. Out of doors, walking, it looks the part. Other boots are flimsy by comparison. I couldn't imagine beasting a Coniston.

jmix1

Reaction score
If you haven't tried on the Skye yet you should know that the 335 last is quite wide. I normally wear a 10G in C&J, but a 10E in both the Chelsea 5 and Skye are wide enough for my foot, while E fittings on other C&J lasts are much too narrow.

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The style of the skye is quite appealing, but the color is all wrong for a boot like that (black, oxblood, or perhaps a dark brown would be a big improvment).

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have trickers boots in the same color as the Skye. I like them. The Trickers have a very wide sole extension, a blobbier last and a storm welt, all of which contribute to a very casual and clunky appearance. The Skye is more "formal" in these respects, but country boots in this color are always going to be very casual. I'm wearing them today because the weather is terrible.

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Villiers is really nice looking. Very elegant.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought I had seen Skye on a 337 and it wasn't a special order.

Where are you buying from? I haven't seen Skye this season.

Winot

Reaction score
I have the Villiers in black - very slim and elegant. Trying to find it in chestnut too - any ideas?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 131 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 248 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 119 15.7%
  • 31 - 40