• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WE ARE BACK!

modsquad

Reaction score
And thanks for the updates and good communication while you were doing that cyber-juju to relaunch the board. Made the wait much less frustrating.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't you guys have anything better to do... sadly, I the last post before the shutdown was dated January 10th. Why does that seem like such an eternity?

I think I should start an American Trad thread, or a thread extolling the virtues of shell cordovan, or change my name to Marc_Grayson212, MG212, Tsunami... or not.

Nice work J.

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks J.  It has been a long week without the styleforum.  I was so desperate last night, I went to Ask Andy but was immediately turned off by the unattractiveness and slowness of the board.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Whew... Thank god. If I had to read another thread about Brooks Brothers in the '50's, or Alden cordovan #8 on Ask Andy, I would have went crazy.
Oh thank god. I thought I was the only one who can't stand the obsession with American Trad on that board - threads like "Is this jacket American Trad?" - so what - are you going to return it if it's not - do they think people will mistake them for old New England money or something if they wear J. Press and Brooks Brothers?

Whatever - just glad to have the SF back.

Bradford

P.S. And why is the Ask Andy board so slow? Even on a cable modem it takes forever.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
PS: GIVE US BACK OUR SMILEYS... (Some pretty weird ones over at the other place)
Always complaining, aren't you, FIHTies?
wink.gif
And welcome back, J.

jasonpraxis

Reaction score
Thanks for all of your hard work, J. It's great to have our club back again. Thanks also to Mr Kabbaz for reminding us that we shouldn't take for granted the quality of our space and our discussions. On the other hand, it has been interesting to hear what the rest of you have been up to in the past couple of days. As for myself, I started reading Les Liaisons Dangereuses, but that's gone safely back onto the bookshelf again. No more literature until I can identify a full canvas from across the subway car.
smile.gif

tricket

Reaction score
Hurray. I now know how addictive I am to this forum...

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh thank god. I thought I was the only one who can't stand the obsession with American Trad on that board - threads like "Is this jacket American Trad?" - so what - are you going to return it if it's not - do they think people will mistake them for old New England money or something if they wear J. Press and Brooks Brothers?
Goodness, I would hate to be a member of a forum that is obsessed with certain elements of clothes
smile.gif

Looking to improve

Reaction score
Well, the past few days were certainly filled with some anxiety as to when SF would be back up and running.

Kudos to J.

MtB

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford,Jan. 13 2005,23:24
I couldn't agree more about how ridiculous this is. I keep wanting to write: forget how f***ing "trad" it is. Do you LIKE it? Does it FIT you? Do you look good? And of course thank you, J. We were lost without our digital club house.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
(Bradford @ Jan. 13 2005,23:24) Oh thank god. I thought I was the only one who can't stand the obsession with American Trad on that board - threads like "Is this jacket American Trad?" - so what - are you going to return it if it's not - do they think people will mistake them for old New England money or something if they wear J. Press and Brooks Brothers?
Goodness, I would hate to be a member of a forum that is obsessed with certain elements of clothes Â
smile.gif

Yep - I suppose I am the pot calling the kettle black
tounge.gif
Bradford P.S. I liked AlanC's comment on Ask Andy - he said something about those "ingrates from the StyleForum" - tongue in cheek I'm sure
biggrin.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My favorite was the "American Trad" glasses thread, where the guy says that his girdfriend won't let him wear his tortoise shell Ben Silver glasses. I really wanted to post:

Good for her. Trad or not, unless you are both over the age of 50 (no offense meant to anyone who is) and have an angular, long, face, those glasses are going to make you look like George Costanza (who, btw, is usually dressed pretty "American Trad", what with the bombers and trenchcoats and sweaters over button downs.) Your girlfriend is right. Those glasses in all likelihood make you look sh*t. And not *the* sh*t.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads