1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

WE ARE BACK!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by imageWIS, Jan 13, 2005.

1. jasonpraxis

jasonpraxis Well-Known Member

Thanks for all of your hard work, J. It's great to have our club back again. Thanks also to Mr Kabbaz for reminding us that we shouldn't take for granted the quality of our space and our discussions. On the other hand, it has been interesting to hear what the rest of you have been up to in the past couple of days. As for myself, I started reading Les Liaisons Dangereuses, but that's gone safely back onto the bookshelf again. No more literature until I can identify a full canvas from across the subway car. [​IMG]

2. tricket

tricket Well-Known Member

Hurray. I now know how addictive I am to this forum...

3. gorgekko

gorgekko Senior member

Goodness, I would hate to be a member of a forum that is obsessed with certain elements of clothes [​IMG]

4. Looking to improve

Looking to improve Senior member

Well, the past few days were certainly filled with some anxiety as to when SF would be back up and running.

Kudos to J.

MtB

5. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Originally Posted by Bradford,Jan. 13 2005,23:24
    Oh thank god. I thought I was the only one who can't stand the obsession with American Trad on that board - threads like "Is this jacket American Trad?" - so what - are you going to return it if it's not - do they think people will mistake them for old New England money or something if they wear J. Press and Brooks Brothers?
    I couldn't agree more about how ridiculous this is. I keep wanting to write: forget how f***ing "trad" it is. Do you LIKE it? Does it FIT you? Do you look good? And of course thank you, J. We were lost without our digital club house.

6. justlurkingthanks

justlurkingthanks Senior member

I was a lurker without a lurkee. Thanks, J.

7. STYLESTUDENT

STYLESTUDENT Senior member

Impressive work. Thanks, J.

8. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

(Bradford @ Jan. 13 2005,23:24) Oh thank god. I thought I was the only one who can't stand the obsession with American Trad on that board - threads like "Is this jacket American Trad?" - so what - are you going to return it if it's not - do they think people will mistake them for old New England money or something if they wear J. Press and Brooks Brothers?
    Goodness, I would hate to be a member of a forum that is obsessed with certain elements of clothes  [​IMG]
    Yep - I suppose I am the pot calling the kettle black [​IMG] Bradford P.S. I liked AlanC's comment on Ask Andy - he said something about those "ingrates from the StyleForum" - tongue in cheek I'm sure [​IMG]

9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

My favorite was the "American Trad" glasses thread, where the guy says that his girdfriend won't let him wear his tortoise shell Ben Silver glasses. I really wanted to post:

Good for her. Trad or not, unless you are both over the age of 50 (no offense meant to anyone who is) and have an angular, long, face, those glasses are going to make you look like George Costanza (who, btw, is usually dressed pretty "American Trad", what with the bombers and trenchcoats and sweaters over button downs.) Your girlfriend is right. Those glasses in all likelihood make you look sh*t. And not *the* sh*t.