• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You can just go ahead and get rid of all your other shoes now.
This one is THE one for you.
Your only choice now is to :foo:
The era of the 'One Boot' has arrived.
Truly those boots are sick, sick, sick. And incredibly photogenic.
I hope you will forgive me when I shamelessly copy your choice.

Those boots from carmina any good?

Yeah man, you're making me want these bad.

you guys need to get this boot before I order another and deplete their navy shell. this pair is on Carmina "Dainite" and I imagine it would look better on a leather sole-perhaps with a natural edge trim?

Would love to take complete credit but Thinkderm was influential. I actually ordered a burgundy boot but then switched it over to Navy. Thanks again, brah :fistbump:

Last edited:

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

you guys need to get this boot before I order another and deplete their navy shell. this pair is on Carmina "Dainite" and I imagine it would look better on a leather sole-perhaps with a natural edge trim?
Would love to take complete credit but Thinkderm was influential. I actually ordered a burgundy boot but then switched it over to Navy. Thanks again, brah :fistbump:

Thanks for the shout. I'd have done these without danite.

Natural edge with trim, double to single sole, navy shell upper is what I recommend.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks for the shout. I'd have done these without danite.
Natural edge with trim, double to single sole, navy shell upper is what I recommend.

leather becomes slippery when wet. from experience, dainite is certified slip-(booze)proof

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
sw376t.jpg

#8 lhs
14bj04g.jpg

Last edited:

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ hot enough for you? ^^^

looking good!

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

^^^ hot enough for you? ^^^
looking good!

nephew,
it is to hot for me but at least we still have power and my condolences go out to the families who lost loved ones do to this storm

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you had storms?

It is definitely stay inside weather here in Atlanta - pehaps up to 103 today. My heart goes out to anyone who doesn't have access to air conditioning. On the positive side my housecats LOVE the heat - they lay about on the balcony happily roasting like pigs on a spit.

I'm cleaning my sock drawer today - the air is charged with excitement! :nodding:

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have you had storms?
It is definitely stay inside weather here in Atlanta - pehaps up to 103 today. My heart goes out to anyone who doesn't have access to air conditioning. On the positive side my housecats LOVE the heat - they lay about on the balcony happily roasting like pigs on a spit.
I'm cleaning my sock drawer today - the air is charged with excitement! :nodding:

Was in the Mediterranean when it went well over 100+ in NYC last week. Still feeling some of the lingering heat though. I definitely miss hot weather with no humidity though.

Gdot: with hot weather I guess you won't have any need for shell bal boots. :)

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

my mind is blown, really.
Shell :nodding:
rare shell :nodding:
bal boot :nodding:
perfect fit (Robert last) :nodding:
versatile :nodding:

There is nothing I can say about those that has not been said earlier and better by others, but... DAMN. That might be the most perfect footwear ever for anything that involves the wearing of trousers.

Last edited:

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Was in the Mediterranean when it went well over 100+ in NYC last week. Still feeling some of the lingering heat though. I definitely miss hot weather with no humidity though.

The time is now to prepare for fall/winter. :fence:

But yes, in Atlanta in general there is a fairly limited time frame in which shell bal boots are appropriate. Thus I own none at the moment.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Have you had storms?

we had friday at 5 am thunder storm with lightening and thunder. it lasted about one hour and fortunately no damage. family living in wv and va, have no power but all are safe.
it is good day to stay in and clean out the sock draw. you must be dreaming marcoliani

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

nephew,
weather should not effect the wearing of shell

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads