• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WAYWRN - Peacock Edition

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like to wear bright colors and patterns that most other men wouldn't dare wear. I do this because it is an expression of my style and I don't need anyone telling me that what I have donned today is "too over the top" or whatever. So I started this thread for those of you who fancy short jackets, fitted pants with no break, 3" cuffs, spread collars, bright colors and odd jackets that would make some of these clothing experts lose it. This thread is for you. For you who aren't boxed in by corporate correct dress. Post your style. Cross-post it. Here you won't be judged. After all, this is StyleForum, isn't it?

:)

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First up, why I always wear my pocket squares points up:

I like a square with a contrasting rolled edge. I like it more when that edge compliments something else I'm wearing. Take this ensemble for instance:

The shirt has a fuchsia check in it as well as a lime green. The square incidentally has the same colors but with a lighter pink edge. They were purchased separately and one without thinking of the other but when I got home I realize, wow, that works well! Some will say too matchy-matchy. I say forget you. It works. I feel great. Without wearing the square points up I would not have been able to achieve the look I was going for.

Last edited:

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bris - calm down bro. You are seeking validation from people on the internet when it is absolutely not necessary. If you know the rules, can logically explain why you go toward or against them without catching feelings and are confident in what YOU wear, then you shouldnt be worried about the validation of the interwebz.

You're taking the game too serious bro ... lol.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bris - calm down bro. You are seeking validation from people on the internet when it is absolutely not necessary. If you know the rules, can logically explain why you go toward or against them without catching feelings and are confident in what YOU wear, then you shouldnt be worried about the validation of the interwebz.

Hey man, how's it going?

I'm not catching feelings but am trying to establish a platform for those who feel the way we do without starting a blog. Think about it, we have a CDB thread and the very people who are wet blankets to the more adventurous have been given the power to delete others' posts here. Don't you think that to be odd?

There should be a platform for those of us who have a unique style and don't conform to the groupthink that is so pervasive on this site. I think if the moderators really were about what I believe this site was originally intended for, they would balance out the people they bestowed honors to, not just reward the boring elitists.

Last edited:

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The guy started a thread for people who want to peacock, and showcase their looks.

Last edited:

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
in b4 mystery

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey man, how's it going?
I'm not catching feelings but am trying to establish a platform for those who feel the way we do without starting a blog. Think about it, we have a CDB thread and the very people who are wet blankets to the more adventurous have been given the power to delete others' posts here. Don't you think that to be odd?
There should be a platform for those of us who have a unique style and don't conform to the groupthink that is so pervasive on this site. I think if the moderators really were about what I believe this site was originally intended for, they would balance out the people they bestowed honors to, not just reward the boring elitists.

this is why i think you should breathe out a little. its not that serious. starting a thread almost makes it seem like you are fixated with competing with the so-called boring elitists.

honestly i think the ratio of poor to great fits by the "boring elitists" as you call it, is on par with the regular WAYWRN/WAYWRN Casual threads. There are quite a few terrible fits in the good taste thread as we speak. its really not that serious to get all wound up by the elitism on the forum, when you step back and look at the big picture ... thats all i'm saying.

i just think you are getting caught up in not being validated by their opinions - but if this thread is genuinely just a peacock WAYWRN thread, then i stand corrected.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I owned tan and stone suits I would frequent;y wear a white shirt with them. It just felt right. I should add that the texture of my shirts were a gauze-like material, a summery texture.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Bris, re pic #2, you are a big guy and that is really skimpy lapel. If you are going for an early '60s look, then fine, but I do think you would look better in a wider lapel.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

this is why i think you should breathe out a little. its not that serious. starting a thread almost makes it seem like you are fixated with competing with the so-called boring elitists.
honestly i think the ratio of poor to great fits by the "boring elitists" as you call it, is on par with the regular WAYWRN/WAYWRN Casual threads. There are quite a few terrible fits in the good taste thread as we speak. its really not that serious to get all wound up by the elitism on the forum, when you step back and look at the big picture ... thats all i'm saying.
i just think you are getting caught up in not being validated by their opinions - but if this thread is genuinely just a peacock WAYWRN thread, then i stand corrected.

Thanks man. I hope it didn't come off as me wanting validation, if so I would not be posting pics I took 2-3 years ago. I would still be at it. Just a platform for the more adventurous. And I will be posting more current pics to help bring out teh peacocks.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks man. I hope it didn't come off as me wanting validation, if so I would not be posting pics I took 2-3 years ago. I would still be at it. Just a platform for the more adventurous. And I will be posting more current pics to help bring out teh peacocks.

NP - apologize if i misunderstood you.

:)

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^^

NORE, given the shirt and tie, I think this is an outfit that, even for a "peacock", would benefit from no square or at least a solid one. The shirt and tie provide enough "in your face" that the square with the pink edges and high point sticking out of the pocket just take it overboard.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads