WAYWRN - Peacock Edition

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NORE, Aug 1, 2012.

1. A.J.V

A.J.V Senior member

Thanks, I see what you mean.

Thanks for your comments and the feedback HF!

2. barims

barims Senior member

I may post photographs in this thread once I've returned from my mini-break. I'm certain some of you may appreciate the one real outfit I wore - an ivory suit, a yellow shirt, large eyeframes and a golden gun

3. PTWilliams

PTWilliams Senior member

[​IMG]

Clothing of mine I would describe as peacock are: 1) pink, purple, and aqua colored jeans; 2) tartan plaid sport costs, and 3) ascots. I also have a Berlin jacket with large eagles and a Sherlock Holmes outfit (Deerstalker and Inverness jacket) but these are more costume than peacock. I would not consider pink shirts or bright socks as peacock, but some might. Similarly, spectator shoes can simply look well coordinated with the right outfit.

1. Being dressed well will always be pleasing to the eye and people will not tire of seeing it. Peacock clothing is like a good joke or witty retort, very much enjoyed the first time seen, engenders a smile a second time, but will be tiresome thereafter.
    2. Brightly colored pants are a waste in a dark environment such as a nightclub because it is often difficult to distinguish colors (even pink), and people don’t notice you until you’re right next to them. In that situation an ascot, hat, braces, and jacket are more noticeable.
    3. Younger (under 35) crowd very much enjoy pink, purple, or aqua pants, especially the pink. Women and guys will come up all the time and complement them. Here, my age may be a benefit because it is unexpected (of course, people who think you’re an idiot will just ignore you). Ascots seem well received, mostly because people never seen them in the wild. I’ve learned that when dating women over 40, peacock clothing is a big turnoff.
    4. To work, I think that only one piece of clothing can peacock, the rest must be very conservative. I think that makes Spoo’s outfits work.

Yesterday, I was at the bar at the Intercontinental hotel that hosted a women's fashion show waiting for the after show party and dance to start. Met an under 35 group having drinks who were part of the annual American Association of Nurse Anesthesiologist convention in San Francisco. The girls mention they were having their kickoff party at the Moscone Center that had already started. Being a frequent attendee of medical conferences myself, I decided that it might be a better venue. When I arrived, the guard asked for my badge, but upon seeing my purple pants let me, saying I was too well dressed not to be part of the event.
    (Why am I the only guy that seems to have diffuculty orienting his iPhone photos?)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012

4. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

^ too tired of reading. But the oufit looks cool.

5. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Contrast collar shirt almost automatically makes today's outfit fodder for this thread...

[​IMG]

6. NORE

NORE Senior member

Not as much as the electric blue stripe in that suit :)

7. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rock out with yer cock out...

8. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

^ so awesome, and what a diffrence with the beard and without. But I like it without.

9. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

NYR - awesome. i am srsly jealous of your monster beard.

10. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Actually, they're kind of a faded bluey/grey.

I might wear my navy suit with electric blue stripes tomorrow though!

And Ed, re: your thumbs-up comment: you're not wrong! :D

These ones I like a lot; there's a fun, vibrant but still balanced noisy excitement to them. Some of the others that I edited out were more in the clashy end of the spectrum for me.

11. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

On its way back...trimmed it a week before heading out to SC, but it's going to grow until at least Christmas Eve this year. Just starting to get a little bushy again.

12. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

:slayer: my beard is getting pretty bushy too. i love it, but the wife HATES it. not sure how much longer i will be able to let it go for. :(

13. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Jewfro Dubiously Honored

Maybe I'm supposed to post this here too:

[​IMG]

14. CrAz3D

CrAz3D Senior member

NYR, what receptions have you received with your hand tat and arm tat? I'm personally against that. I recognize the artistic value of tattooing, but, again, personally, I can't see myself ever utilizing the services of a professional that has visible tats. That's obviously my own perception (based on "you're gonna look like hell when your're old, if that tat is in the wrong place).

I should've taken pics of today's ensemble. Light grey suit + silk fire engine red tie + black AE Strangs + a blue-based shirt w/white and red stripes. Also, gold cufflinks and tie clip (grandad's links & clip, so I wear them every chance I think they might work well, regardless of anyone else's thoughts, cause, hell, they were my grandad's).

15. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

What is the point of this?