• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WAYWRN - Peacock Edition

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
With all due respect to the OP, the last line of his original concept is not a thread worth contributing to IMO. What's the point of a thread without discussion? Judgement is always part of discussion.

But it's worth noting that NORE later added this post: "What I meant was there should be no shooting of [true] peacocks in here, they are on the endangered list. Other birds are fair game".

What is useful is feedback within a more appropriate frame of reference for the intent behind the outfit than is present in some other threads on the board. Over the first couple of pages of the thread, this was recognised by a number of posters and a useful purpose of the thread emerged, which was (roughly) that this thread should be for outfits that are brash, bold, daring, louche, or otherwise not in traditional conservative style, but the aim should be an outfit that still "works" harmoniously on an aesthetic level and isn't just an ill-thought out mish-mash conglomeration of garish items.

It's noticeable that many well-dressed members with intriguing personal styles have supported this proposition and contributed to this thread on that basis. It's great to see them contributing topic-appropriate & great outfits to this thread.
Understood. But what does all that have to do with a particular poster telling others garments posted are atrocious and useless...talking about how people need to stop posting trashy items and step their game up?
That is neither constructive nor following the path you articulate above. Look, I am sure dawg is super stylish and a great poster, the particular comment I quoted from him was douchey and that is my opinion, nothing more. I am moving on from this as we are now going in circles. My only point was one can offer feedback in any way as long as it's feedback (positive or negative) and simply simply not insulting others from high above your perch of the stye forum hierarchy. Again my just my opinion.

Last edited:

Tirailleur1

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Frankie I think Nii's comments were more words of encouragement and a swift kick ********** reminder as to why we post in here. I do agree with alot of what he, PSG, and HF have stated in the last few pages. we need to be able to discern whether the outfits we post are deserving of this thread and if not, having the decency to skip the send button. I have saved myself some embarrassment from following this rule most of the times.

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Frankie I think Nii's comments were more words of encouragement and a swift kick ********** reminder as to why we post in here. I do agree with alot of what he, PSG, and HF have stated in the last few pages. we need to be able to discern whether the outfits we post are deserving of this thread and if not, having the decency to skip the send button. I have saved myself some embarrassment from following this rule most of the times.
Well if telling me personally that two of the three pairs of slippers I posted are atrocious and useless, and the last "might work" then I guess that's a swift kick ********** huh? I don't mind as I fully realize loud Stubbs are not for everyone. My point, your post and the delivery of the op are not lining up. It was my opinion that the post was douchey, compounded by the holier than thou attitude. Sorry guys it is what it is.

Lets just agree to disagree and I will drop it!

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Rambro, I'm confused here. There are no rules against wearing slippers. My only rule for them is that they are worn in one's own home either when lounging around or entertaining. They come off when you leave the house. While it seems like you object them to completely, there is definitely no rule against wearing them.

Yeah, I know this is now the popular opinion. However, I will forever see them as house shoes. It's the stodgy old man in me. I see wearing house shoes outside the home as very forced and affected. Just my take.

And there's your rule. In your home you wear whatever the **** you want. Slippers outside is just affected.

Funnily enough, John Goodman's character in The Big Lebowksi is pretty much how I have always pictured Rambo.

I lol'ed so hard I spit my coffee out.

Perhaps the hunter shot it?

hahahahahahaha

Well if telling me personally that two of the three pairs of slippers I posted are atrocious and useless, and the last "might work" then I guess that's a swift kick ********** huh? I don't mind as I fully realize loud Stubbs are not for everyone. My point, your post and the delivery of the op are not lining up. It was my opinion that the post was douchey, compounded by the holier than thou attitude. Sorry guys it is what it is. 

Lets just agree to disagree and I will drop it!

Frankly, nobody gives a ****, so how about you quit ******** up the thread and drop it whether you agree or not, huh?

Tirailleur1

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My analysis was based on the latter part of his comments. The former was specifically directed to you but I think he was universally addressing posters in the thread to get it together. **** he might have been talking about me as well. And I see it as a challenge/motivation. I can see why you would take it as an action of douchebaggery. I personally see it as a legit call out.

by the way i was this close to buying the ones on your feet.
biggrin.gif

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

My analysis was based on the latter part of his comments. The former was specifically directed to you but I think he was universally addressing posters in the thread to get it together. **** he might have been talking about me as well. And I see it as a challenge/motivation. I can see why you would take it as an action of douchebaggery. I personally see it as a legit call out.

by the way i was this close to buying the ones on your feet. :D

I don't see it as him being a douchebag. I just don't want to see page after page of this ****.

TWEEEEEDDDDD

Reaction score

Again iphone pics sorry. The pants are light turqoise/teal chinos, the shirt navy gingham and the SC is a cotton/wool half lined SuitSupply issue in a purple/fuscia, pocket square is off white and grey linen/cotton... Oh and grenson shoes, tan in color...
?
What do you guys think about working this jacket into the fall rotation? dark jeans or Merlot/wine colored jeans? and a brown gingham shirt? I really like the coat and want to tone it down for fall just not sure if it's a strictly summer piece...

This was fridays outfit, my office is casual on Fridays...

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like the top half of this but feel like the jacket needs matching pants to put the middle finger #allthewayup.
I like this thread. Not all of us work in a world where we attend formal business meetings every day. I enjoy seeing some self expression even if some of it is a fail from time to time. But, as long as you recognize the error, then you are learning, right?
how, I don't even like your motherf'in profile Give me my f'in ****, CH-CH-BLAOW! :) psg, Bklyn Zoo, RIP ODB
That dusty purple is too close in value to the cream. It does need more color to pop. You'll find other options. Here is a fun, casual look with cream. I especially like this look with loafers or drivers:
tumblr_lna30f4VAe1qhb7kho1_500.jpg
tumblr_lna46uEJ4O1qhb7kho1_500.jpg
This was like a tribute to KB but with pics :)
Peacocking in the privacy of my own home (does it have to be in public to qualify?).
Do eeeet, man!
Everytime I read something like this I realize how out of touch I am with the forum :confused:
:nodding:
unbel's cream DB outfit is great. Definitely wearing fodder for this thread today:
HF, I think striking a different pose would make all the difference here, nice rig tho.
Funnily enough, John Goodman's character in The Big Lebowksi is pretty much how I have always pictured Rambo.
:lol:
i like slippers ... and i like stuff made out of camo ... but the two to the right are just bad (meaning everything except the camo DB, which is pretty nice). the one in the middle is the most atrocious. the one on the left has minute repeating patterns, so in the right fit i can see it working. the tie and p/s are pretty bad ... i don't care who makes them. again this is the peacock thread - not the i failed at conservative business dress with outrageous choices thread. too much trash being posted lately get it together people!!
Torn on this one, I guess I did say all other birds are fair game...
Agreed. it is one thing to be expressive but there is such a thing as a train wreck. You can't defend any combination as Sprezz or Peacocking and still consider yourself stylish. Some things just look awful. I believe this thread is to show how to be successful at being expressive and not just any random combination. What would be the point of that? That isn't style.
At some point I will capture the true peacock that have come out and burn the rest, be warned.
And there is a difference between feedback and being a snarky dick. Read the OP's first post:

I like to wear bright colors and patterns that most other men wouldn't dare wear. I do this because it is an expression of my style and I don't need anyone telling me that what I have donned today is "too over the top" or whatever. So I started this thread for those of you who fancy short jackets, fitted pants with no break, 3" cuffs, spread collars, bright colors and odd jackets that would make some of these clothing experts lose it. This thread is for you. For you who aren't boxed in by corporate correct dress. Post your style. Cross-post it. Here you won't be judged. After all, this isStyleForum, isn't it?
smile.gif

What if I'm trying to fit into the corporate dress AND want to peacock? This is the lining of the blazer I'm wearing today. This, however, is not my picture.
Needs moar nekkid. Chicks. Wimminz :)
Chinoland pants, RLPL polo, Hermes jacket, ferragamo driving moccasins
OK, I think you're just throwing stuff together, I've seen you do awesome things. Holding out on us?
With all due respect to the OP, the last line of his original concept is not a thread worth contributing to IMO. What's the point of a thread without discussion? Judgement is always part of discussion. But it's worth noting that NORE later added this post: "What I meant was there should be no shooting of [true] peacocks in here, they are on the endangered list. Other birds are fair game". What is useful is feedback within a more appropriate frame of reference for the intent behind the outfit than is present in some other threads on the board. Over the first couple of pages of the thread, this was recognised by a number of posters and a useful purpose of the thread emerged, which was (roughly) that this thread should be for outfits that are brash, bold, daring, louche, or otherwise not in traditional conservative style, but the aim should be an outfit that still "works" harmoniously on an aesthetic level and isn't just an ill-thought out mish-mash conglomeration of garish items. It's noticeable that many well-dressed members with intriguing personal styles have supported this proposition and contributed to this thread on that basis. It's great to see them contributing topic-appropriate & great outfits to this thread.
Yes, but discussion does not require bashing. :)
I could see the jacket and pants separately, but purple and teal clash in combination.
Post a pic, biatch!

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Again iphone pics sorry. The pants are light turqoise/teal chinos, the shirt navy gingham and the SC is a cotton/wool half lined SuitSupply issue in a purple/fuscia, pocket square is off white and grey linen/cotton... Oh and grenson shoes, tan in color...
?
What do you guys think about working this jacket into the fall rotation? dark jeans or Merlot/wine colored jeans? and a brown gingham shirt? I really like the coat and want to tone it down for fall just not sure if it's a strictly summer piece...
This was fridays outfit, my office is casual on Fridays...

I think you need to tuck your shirt in.

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They actually make a pair of pants out of the pattern, if you ever feel you need to reminisce.

It's a hunting and fishing scene. Trad to nearly nauseous levels.

what has been seen cannot be unseen...

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I could see the jacket and pants separately, but purple and teal clash in combination.

+1

like the pieces but just not the teal pants with that outfit. what model is the SS jacket?

Last edited:

TWEEEEEDDDDD

Reaction score
It's a washington half lined, size 58 (48 US), it runs small in the shoulders Im typically a 45-46...

Im only about a mile away from the Chicago store and frequent it weekly or so, if you want measurements or real life pics...

I needed to wear this outfit before summer is over, I have the same pants in light pink but thought it looked too red all together.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics