Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

WAYWRN - Peacock Edition

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NORE, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

Understood. But what does all that have to do with a particular poster telling others garments posted are atrocious and useless...talking about how people need to stop posting trashy items and step their game up?
    That is neither constructive nor following the path you articulate above. Look, I am sure dawg is super stylish and a great poster, the particular comment I quoted from him was douchey and that is my opinion, nothing more. I am moving on from this as we are now going in circles. My only point was one can offer feedback in any way as long as it's feedback (positive or negative) and simply simply not insulting others from high above your perch of the stye forum hierarchy. Again my just my opinion.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012

2. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

Frankie I think Nii's comments were more words of encouragement and a swift kick in the ass reminder as to why we post in here. I do agree with alot of what he, PSG, and HF have stated in the last few pages. we need to be able to discern whether the outfits we post are deserving of this thread and if not, having the decency to skip the send button. I have saved myself some embarrassment from following this rule most of the times.

3. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

Well if telling me personally that two of the three pairs of slippers I posted are atrocious and useless, and the last "might work" then I guess that's a swift kick in the ass huh? I don't mind as I fully realize loud Stubbs are not for everyone. My point, your post and the delivery of the op are not lining up. It was my opinion that the post was douchey, compounded by the holier than thou attitude. Sorry guys it is what it is.

Lets just agree to disagree and I will drop it!

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

And there's your rule. In your home you wear whatever the fuck you want. Slippers outside is just affected.

I lol'ed so hard I spit my coffee out.

hahahahahahaha

Frankly, nobody gives a shit, so how about you quit shitting up the thread and drop it whether you agree or not, huh?

5. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

My analysis was based on the latter part of his comments. The former was specifically directed to you but I think he was universally addressing posters in the thread to get it together. Shit he might have been talking about me as well. And I see it as a challenge/motivation. I can see why you would take it as an action of douchebaggery. I personally see it as a legit call out.

by the way i was this close to buying the ones on your feet. [​IMG]

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I don't see it as him being a douchebag. I just don't want to see page after page of this shit.

7. TWEEEEEDDDDD

TWEEEEEDDDDD Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Again iphone pics sorry. The pants are light turqoise/teal chinos, the shirt navy gingham and the SC is a cotton/wool half lined SuitSupply issue in a purple/fuscia, pocket square is off white and grey linen/cotton... Oh and grenson shoes, tan in color...
    ?
    What do you guys think about working this jacket into the fall rotation? dark jeans or Merlot/wine colored jeans? and a brown gingham shirt? I really like the coat and want to tone it down for fall just not sure if it's a strictly summer piece...

This was fridays outfit, my office is casual on Fridays...

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I could see the jacket and pants separately, but purple and teal clash in combination.

9. NORE

NORE Senior member

I like the top half of this but feel like the jacket needs matching pants to put the middle finger #allthewayup.
    how, I don't even like your motherf'in profile Give me my f'in shit, CH-CH-BLAOW! :) psg, Bklyn Zoo, RIP ODB
    This was like a tribute to KB but with pics :)
    Do eeeet, man!
    :nodding:
    HF, I think striking a different pose would make all the difference here, nice rig tho.
    :lol:
    Torn on this one, I guess I did say all other birds are fair game...
    At some point I will capture the true peacock that have come out and burn the rest, be warned.
    Needs moar nekkid. Chicks. Wimminz :)
    OK, I think you're just throwing stuff together, I've seen you do awesome things. Holding out on us?
    Yes, but discussion does not require bashing. :)
    Post a pic, biatch!

10. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I will not be held responsible for the untold losses in computer monitor equipment from my horrid visage popping up.

11. anginaprinzmetal

anginaprinzmetal Senior member

I think you need to tuck your shirt in.

12. anginaprinzmetal

anginaprinzmetal Senior member

what has been seen cannot be unseen...

13. CYstyle

CYstyle Senior member

+1

like the pieces but just not the teal pants with that outfit. what model is the SS jacket?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012

14. TWEEEEEDDDDD

TWEEEEEDDDDD Active Member

It's a washington half lined, size 58 (48 US), it runs small in the shoulders Im typically a 45-46...

Im only about a mile away from the Chicago store and frequent it weekly or so, if you want measurements or real life pics...

I needed to wear this outfit before summer is over, I have the same pants in light pink but thought it looked too red all together.

15. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

This thread is probably the best place to ask advice on what to pair a burgundy tweed SC. I was thinking medium to dark browns trousers. But fellow peacockers just curious for other ideas, I'll post pictures later today