• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WAYWRN - Peacock Edition

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
This is from earlier this summer. The pants are silk/tropical wool, SC is linen, shirt is cotton, shoes (unseen) are crocodile. While the pants are obviously quite loud, the true ghastliness of this picture is that I would DARE wear a white shirt with a navy blue blazer. The inhumanity of it all.

Sorry for the **** pic, btw.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

i dig it BB,....the only part im gonna bust balls on is the sunglasses and croakies. ...NOOOOOO! hahahaha.

deets on the jacket? looks tops.

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the same color in pants but in linen by Borrelli. Will go crazy like you just waiting for my blazer and new shoes ;)
This is from earlier this summer. The pants are silk/tropical wool, SC is linen, shirt is cotton, shoes (unseen) are crocodile. While the pants are obviously quite loud, the true ghastliness of this picture is that I would DARE wear a white shirt with a navy blue blazer. The inhumanity of it all.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's revealing, I think, that the success rate of peacockery is significantly higher in this thread than in the regular WAYW. Many of the folks here, as FM and HF suggest, appear to have put their minds to it, forming a cohesive look rather than just throwing loud stuff together.

i think that is because so many of the WAYWRN posters have no interest in learning and improving. they thing they has teh awesome spreez and do not bother trying to even understand coherency. then they either stick their fingers in their ears and keep at it, with some fanbois keeping their tanks full enough to keep driving, or they leave.

the few that actually put real thought into it, actually become good at it, and you get results like some of the above mentioned posters.

i still maintain though, that some of them would not necessarily be able to slide into conservative business dress without putting similar work into it before succeeding as they have here.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

i dig it BB,....the only part im gonna bust balls on is the sunglasses and croakies. ...NOOOOOO! hahahaha.
deets on the jacket? looks tops.

Persols on croakies, no less. Some Southern frat swag there.

The SC is actually Uniqlo from last summer. They were selling them for just under $150 IIRC. I bought 4 and use them as my summer drinking jackets. This is jacket number 3, actually. First one I wore into a pool for a late night swim. Worth it. The second was tragically lost during my fraternity summer alumni weekend. Whereabouts unknown. To my knowledge they didn't make this jacket this summer, or if they did I missed it. Either way it fits me pretty well and is nice and disposable.

Last edited:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

The SC is actually Uniqlo from last summer. They were selling them for just under $150 IIRC. I bought 4 and use them as my summer drinking jackets. This is jacket number 3, actually. First one I wore into a pool for a late night swim. Worth it. The second was tragically lost during my fraternity summer alumni weekend. Whereabouts unknown. To my knowledge they didn't make this jacket this summer, or if they did I missed it. Either way it fits me pretty well and is nice and disposable.

dammit. i need to kop a jacket like that...light, fitted, and cheap so im not worried about ******* it up when i go out.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Will be following this thread with interest (and maybe post something)

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Will be following this thread with interest (and maybe post something)

you defo need to post something. your fits always have some great flair.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i figure i need to post more pics with my consistent rambling about ****.

versace is always good for peacocking. add double monks, pinstripes and a bright linen tie...and look out. hahaha

I still remember this one from a long time ago...still quite impressive. Though French Cuffs would send it to the stratosphere (from what I can see they are not...).

Last edited:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

I still remember this one from a long time ago...still quite impressive.

thanks for the kind words...i think with a different square and different tie, it would look a ton better. thoughts?

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thanks for the kind words...i think with a different square and different tie, it would look a ton better. thoughts?

I just edited my comment as you posted...I like the tie (especially if it is in the Spring) and would need a close-up of the square to be sure.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

I just edited my comment as you posted...I like the tie (especially if it is in the Spring) and would need a close-up of the square to be sure.

ill try this out next week probably and post some pics.

IIRC you mentioned that same thing the last time i posted that pic...and i heeded your advice. i wore it recently with french cuffs and a POW plaid tie...thought it looked smashing.

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Linen/linen/silk/wool
f3eecb3d.jpg

e981a021.jpg
Nii, this is great, and a prime example of coherence being essential to successfully bold looks!
The great, bright, bold, linen coat is tempered by the staid and solid trousers and shoes, which in turn are brought up through the fit with the shirt, tonally similar to the trousers, yet formality and texturally the same as the sports coat, all topped off with a great square and an open neck.
Anyway, that's how I see it!

Thank you everyone for their kind comments. It's very flattering to be thought of in such lofty terms. I must say that I feel my looks/fits fail on some level a large % of the time, usually due to fit rather than concept. It is easier to portray an outfit well in a static image than in real life and I am lucky enough to a take reasonable photo. I think given the funds and inclination anyone can dress well & in good taste. All it takes is a well made clothes that fit properly in basic combinations, and well chosen accessories (guided by your tailor if you really have no idea of what works with what) . Having the flair to put unexpected items together in a tastefull manner is another step along the trail, but not one I think can't be learnt through exposure. I say that the good taste thread and this one should be interchangeable, if something is a success, peacock or not, it should be well thought out in tone, texture, pattern and fit, all of these things should be coherent, with the extremes pulled together by linking pieces, be it the texture & tone of a dark knit tie pulling the informality of raw denim through to the top of an outfit, or a suit in outrageous fabric tempered with non competing tones for accessories in a mixture of patterns & textures?

Just a thought.

-TTO

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads