1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

WAYWRN - Peacock Edition

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NORE, Aug 1, 2012.

1. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

NYR, that suit (#5, I think) is amazing. And I love the floral tie (#3). I am recognizing some of the same issues in what you are/were trying to do as I have been struggling with as well - a desire for properly tailored but flamboyant and expressive suiting, but at the same time, a liking for classic American workwear and a love-hate relationship with preppiness. I think I have come down more firmly on the hate side where preppy is now concerned (and in fact 'MC casual' more generally)... but I recognise that in your line of work, tailored suits are a difficult proposition to carry off on a daily basis.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  2. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

i can see your nipples.

3. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

just wait until tonight.

1 person likes this.
  4. TTO

TTO Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(I did tuck the square down a touch after seeing these!)
    -TTO

4 people like this.
  5. barims

barims Senior member

^ Theo, I have that tie design in burgundy with yellow dots. I've not worn it since it featured in one of my late 2009 outfits (as per my post on the previous page), but I still like it. Are you visiting a particular shirtmaker for those collars?

Your avatar has me thinking: would you consider experimenting with eyeframes in the style of Jarvis Cocker's Cutler and Gross pair?

Many thanks for your continued support, FM - it's long been appreciated

I think what should be recognisable to anyone whose read either of my Mode Parade blogs is that I have spent much time gathering inspirational photographs, from here, from other blogs and forums, from Google and so on. I'm a big advocate of clothing history, particularly in an overall milieu like MC - using the past to influence the present, and all that

I don't (and definitely can't) exist in a vacuum; there are many successful examples of different approaches and I, as you say, look to use them as a basis rather than as things to clone from (unless done in the name of homage). And part of my madness comes from a belief that there are some chances that can be taken - like those drugged-up shirts and the wide lapels and my Afros

Thank you, also

This is also a good point to offer another piece of self-analysis. I manifestly have a lot of clothes, as do many others, but it helps me greatly to use some key things as often as possible, especially as they anchor many of the experiments (and of course, some things just go together in the eyes of the wearer). Four and three of my 2011 looks each utilised the same neckties. Elsewhere, my blue, tan and burgundy sportsjackets and my dad's double breasted suits all feature heavily. I don't know about some of you, but I say wardrobe staples really count

Technically, a neckerchief that doubles as a pocket square. Whilst you've no doubt seen now that I gave that habit up by 2010, you are tempting me to take it back up for kicks

Thank you for the compliments, nonetheless. I still have designs on ruling Ghana with a fist of iron, of course

Thank you. SF has changed me, in addition to all the other factors I mentioned, so gauging the responses here over time has also proved interesting

Cheers

6. in stitches

^^ :cheers: ^^

:slayer:

7. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

And good you did, it's great!

8. I am DIL

I am DIL Senior member

Okay... I'll give this a go. Be nice.

I don't have a lot of photographs of my 12th grade indiscretion, so here's the only where one you can actually see anything.

[​IMG]

T
    he jacket is a brown, POW check, and I'm wearing a bright purple gingham shirt with contrast pink stripey cuffs, complete with two fucking pocket squares because obviously, I felt that one wasn't enough. Please note my foolish, flailing 'dandy' hair-do, and the intensely mustard/plaid duffle coat replete with plenty of toggles.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  9. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

10. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

Is that a WHITE SHIRT outside a FORMAL situation?? Oh ma gaw!!!!! THE HORROR!
    Looks great!

11. I am DIL

I am DIL Senior member

[​IMG]

12. in stitches

this. love the pic DILmeister.

13. I am DIL

I am DIL Senior member

14. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

I can't play in this thread these days, but a couple of years ago...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

^That first picture was so funky, a real peacock!

16. in stitches

SB, holy ballz you have changed over the years. that first tie is GROOVY!

17. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

Shhh, don't tell anyone, but I got married wearing that tie. In a black suit. With a white shirt. And...

...square-toed shoes. :embar:

18. Fraiche

Fraiche Senior member

Reported for offensive content.

19. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

Love conquers all ...

2 people like this.
  20. NOBD

NOBD Senior member