1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

WAYWRN - Peacock Edition

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NORE, Aug 1, 2012.

1. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

Persols on croakies, no less. Some Southern frat swag there.

The SC is actually Uniqlo from last summer. They were selling them for just under $150 IIRC. I bought 4 and use them as my summer drinking jackets. This is jacket number 3, actually. First one I wore into a pool for a late night swim. Worth it. The second was tragically lost during my fraternity summer alumni weekend. Whereabouts unknown. To my knowledge they didn't make this jacket this summer, or if they did I missed it. Either way it fits me pretty well and is nice and disposable.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  2. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

dammit. i need to kop a jacket like that...light, fitted, and cheap so im not worried about fucking it up when i go out.

3. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

Will be following this thread with interest (and maybe post something)

4. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

you defo need to post something. your fits always have some great flair.

3 people like this.
  5. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

I still remember this one from a long time ago...still quite impressive. Though French Cuffs would send it to the stratosphere (from what I can see they are not...).

6. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

thanks for the kind words...i think with a different square and different tie, it would look a ton better. thoughts?

7. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

I just edited my comment as you posted...I like the tie (especially if it is in the Spring) and would need a close-up of the square to be sure.

8. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

ill try this out next week probably and post some pics.

IIRC you mentioned that same thing the last time i posted that pic...and i heeded your advice. i wore it recently with french cuffs and a POW plaid tie...thought it looked smashing.

1 person likes this.
  9. TTO

TTO Senior member

Nii, this is great, and a prime example of coherence being essential to successfully bold looks!
    The great, bright, bold, linen coat is tempered by the staid and solid trousers and shoes, which in turn are brought up through the fit with the shirt, tonally similar to the trousers, yet formality and texturally the same as the sports coat, all topped off with a great square and an open neck.
    Anyway, that's how I see it!

Thank you everyone for their kind comments. It's very flattering to be thought of in such lofty terms. I must say that I feel my looks/fits fail on some level a large % of the time, usually due to fit rather than concept. It is easier to portray an outfit well in a static image than in real life and I am lucky enough to a take reasonable photo. I think given the funds and inclination anyone can dress well & in good taste. All it takes is a well made clothes that fit properly in basic combinations, and well chosen accessories (guided by your tailor if you really have no idea of what works with what) . Having the flair to put unexpected items together in a tastefull manner is another step along the trail, but not one I think can't be learnt through exposure. I say that the good taste thread and this one should be interchangeable, if something is a success, peacock or not, it should be well thought out in tone, texture, pattern and fit, all of these things should be coherent, with the extremes pulled together by linking pieces, be it the texture & tone of a dark knit tie pulling the informality of raw denim through to the top of an outfit, or a suit in outrageous fabric tempered with non competing tones for accessories in a mixture of patterns & textures?

Just a thought.

-TTO

1 person likes this.
  10. Harrydog

Harrydog Senior member

My contribution:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

all well said, and excellent points. after reading the bold, i am now sold. i retract my previous comments. at least as they pertain to TTO.

12. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

A banquet hall where I had my traditional wedding.

1 person likes this.
  13. CrAz3D

CrAz3D Senior member

uhhh....apologies to those that remember my posts the other night (esp the person my question was directed at); drank too much while on the interwebs (never a good idea). anyhow, glad this thread is still going.

I'll have to remember to take pictures to post someday. I enjoy seeing the pictures and getting ideas!

1 person likes this.
  14. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

That is one of the best-coordinated odd-waistcoats I have ever seen...really cool!

1 person likes this.
  15. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

good man.

16. I am DIL

I am DIL Senior member

I just shot a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng sticky load onnnnnnnnnnn my keyboard annnnnnnnnd nnnnnnnnnnnnow my 'NNNNNN' key is jammed.

17. NORE

NORE Senior member

18. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

:crackup:

19. I am DIL

I am DIL Senior member

I want to post stuff, but I'm not peacock enough. [​IMG]

20. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

This is a good sign.