• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WAYWRN: missed posters

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but I do miss a lot of (once) regular WAYWRN-posters, other very good ones only post rarely, which is a shame. If we get some votes together, maybe we can persuade some of them to start posting again/post more. You can also declare your love to specific posters for even greater persuasion effect.
inlove.gif
I'll start: Baron: pure Steeze. A rare breed equally at home in MD and SW&D; your grey monochrome silvester outfit has made a lasting impression; as did your falsification of "blue and green should not be seen". iammatt: just as Vox, your extensive bespoke wardrobe almost obliges you to post; with great power comes great responsibility. Also, I can't get enough of perfectly fitting neapolitan coats, horse-blanket jackets and pink sunglasses. incontro: the often over-used "sharp" really is appropriate here. He's also shown us that pleats aren't age-connected. Also, at least the second-sharpest asian(-australian?) with side parted-hair. The sand-colored Alden lace-up boots with creased jeans (which didn't look ridiculous! Now, that's steeze!) aren't forgotten, also. Manton: bespoke-wise in a league with Vox and iammatt; same obligations apply here. His conservative business dress series are legend. mafoofan: his head is as big as his sartorial genius. Yes, you dress the same every day, I'd still like to see pics of that. Maybe we can convince more people that a personal uniform is a good thing. Parker: king of the gun club check (whether it actually is one or not); "think like an artist, dress like an insurance salesmen" is a really great motto for you. maomao1980: grey flannel suit, blue shirt, orange tie, Vass U-last suede chukkas: perfection. As was the Florence (?) outfit with yfyf, the beige Attolini suit with tassel loafers. Simply one of the best dressers on the forum, please come back! yfyf: always good for slim-fitting suits in unusual cloths (subtle purple for example), yet also has the standards down. The nice shoes (EG love) and watches make this one truly stand out. gshen: the hero of sartorial wasteland Singapore fights with unyielding vigilance against bad taste and dress for comfort. That blue linen suit + F last derbys = perfection. Please moar! TRINI: this is actually a special request; not for more fits, but for better pics. I feel like he could be one of the best, unfortunately, one can't decide that because of the quality of the photographs. edmorel: given his comments, I understand that he doesn't want to post full body shots (I wonder what he'll make of that), but more pics would also help his business... I'm sure I've missed some that would have been a valuable addition as well; I'm sorry for that.

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You missed out Phat Guido. You're getting a cuss bomb in 3, 2, 1......

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kolecho
You missed out Phat Guido. You're getting a cuss bomb in 3, 2, 1......

No, that was intentional. If all the posters I listed above would do what he does (brog), I'd be happy and wouldn't have to start this thread.

Also, for that is bound to come, I've let out Vox intentionally as well; looks like his mind is made up.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stilmacher!

And
ffffuuuu.gif
from those of us that take the time almost daily to post. Not everyone is a Vox.

Mike

bigasahouse

Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I wish they would bring back WAYWRN part I.

That was before my time, but it included many of these people listed based on Vox's awesome Best of Thread. I'd love to be able to scroll through that to see more.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hymo
I miss whoopee.

Ditto.

Sander - thanks for the inclusion on the list! I'm honored to be remotely associated with such an esteemed group. One of these days I'll get around to posting soon when time permits. I'd pretty much love all the guys mentioned above to post more.

BBC

Reaction score
More Parker, iammatt, and Vox (not on your list, but he's stopped posting)

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BBC
More Parker, iammatt, and Vox (not on your list, but he's stopped posting)

Huh? Vox was still posting as of this morning and I don't see any "Goodbye To All That" post ala Moo.
confused.gif

Butter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigasahouse
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I wish they would bring back WAYWRN part I.

That was before my time, but it included many of these people listed based on Vox's awesome Best of Thread. I'd love to be able to scroll through that to see more.

+1000

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know about any individual being obliged to post pics of themselves. It's really a pain **********, and one bad camera angle can result in a SF sh!tstorm of criticism on the fit, the tailor, the garment and the person based on one photo, with 90% of those commenting not knowing what the hell they are talking about in the first place.

In any event, I agree that there are a few on that list that I really enjoyed seeing photos of.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics