• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WAYWRN FRIDAY CHALLENGE 12 APRIL 2013: Member Doppleganger

Best Doppleganger

• Claghorn as Edmorel

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Acridsheep as Kappelan

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • GMMcL as Holdfast

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Sugarbutch as Gnatty

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • SharplyTailored as NOBD

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The winner of this challenge will be the person who most accurately mimics another member in terms of some combination of style, pose, etc. While I will stop short of issuing an edict for how a vote should be compiled (though it is unequivocally within my woolly purview), I suggest ample consideration be given for those crafty contestants who select a member with a style markedly different than their own. I conducted a social experiment where I did something similar and pretended to be someone unable to assemble a gaggle of morally bankrupt, scantily-clad blondes within 4.5 seconds of entering the local saloon. If you're looking for inspiration, check out this thread from a couple years back. Congratulations GMMcL! :slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer: Voting now closed Claghorn as Vox:
Acridsheep as Kappelan:
My ode to Kappelan:
GMMcL as Holdfast:
Sugarbutch as Gnatty:
SharplyTailored as NOBD:

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The winner of this challenge will be the person who most accurately mimics another member in terms of some combination of style, pose, etc. While I will stop short of issuing an edict for how a vote should be compiled (though it is unequivocally within my woolly purview), I suggest ample consideration be given for those crafty contestants who select a member with a style markedly different than their own. I conducted a social experiment where I did something similar and pretended to be someone unable to assemble a gaggle of morally bankrupt, scantily-clad blondes within 4.5 seconds of entering the local saloon.

If you're looking for inspiration, check out this thread from a couple years back.

All submissions are due by 9PM, ET on Friday, April 12th, at which point a poll will open. Voting will close at 6PM, ET on Monday, April 15th.

If you were able to pretend not to be able to gather a willing gaggle of hot hoochies and/or freakazoids upon entering a drinking establishment, you should have won the Oscar for best impersonation of a sheep without sheepdip.

My only concern is how many cruel-but-painfully-accurate parodies of the Crusty Crouch will be spawned by this event - or maybe people will pick the Spoo-Pose? The only problem with imitating His Spoo-ness is acquiring that much Tom Ford in the space of less than a week.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looking for another male member to sit on my lap for the upr_crust x holdfast pose.

Sounds like a Photoshop collaborative effort - we're spread out over God's green earth in real life.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is gone be fun.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If lots of people do imitate the Crusty Crouch, can I claim that mine is the squat that launched a thousand fits?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nice, Sheepy. I think I know who I'll be DTOing.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My only concern is how many cruel-but-painfully-accurate parodies of the Crusty Crouch will be spawned by this event - or maybe people will pick the Spoo-Pose? The only problem with imitating His Spoo-ness is acquiring that much Tom Ford in the space of less than a week.

I was thinking about posting one with the Spoo-pose but then realized that could be hard to do.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how to DTO mao mao? he always looks great.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads