• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WAYWRN FRIDAY CHALLENGE 12 APRIL 2013: Member Doppleganger

Best Doppleganger

• Claghorn as Edmorel

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Acridsheep as Kappelan

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • GMMcL as Holdfast

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Sugarbutch as Gnatty

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • SharplyTailored as NOBD

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You just made it all worth it. I was going to do the Crusty Stank Crouch but decided against it.

I am honored by your decision. Thanks to Dig, I can now understand your posting - alas, poor KitonBrioni - the only thing that you left out was something in an exotic leather . . .

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My effort today. No sun anywhere, so white balance is totally off. First, however, there rejects: I initially thought I'd do a Traileur. But the weather didn't cooperate -- cold and rainy -- plus I don't own a single non-baseball cap hat.
So I thought: Well, maybe TTO:
But, again, the lack of hat was an issue. Plus I don't do full face shots. Oh, and the rain? Plus suede? No sir. Fine. How about NYI/Rob?
(Note that I had to resort to actual NWOB deadstock shell v-cleats to look like his worn shoes do EVERY DAY.) But again with the full face shot, plus lets face it, Rob is more or less inimitable. So I canceled the appointment at the tat parlor (still charged me full price because I canceled less than 24 hours, the bastards) and moved on to Crusty, planning to call everything Brooks Brothers MTM, whether it was or not:
But my lack of adequate shoes, aversion to face photos and did I mention the utter inadequacy of my shoe collection convinced me otherwise. So then I prepared my best Stitchy:
TIE IS BLUE/GREEN
NOTE THE ABSENCE OF POCKET SQUARE
I even planned to shoot my picture DIRECTLY into the sun, while doing a flying roundhouse. Sadly, the sun decided not to cooperate, I kept rethinking. Southernstyle?
No, I don't want to ruin my favorite (only) button collar shirt with a safety pin. Spoo?
Yeah. No.
OK, so here's what I DID go with:
Sorry for the crappy lighting. Note the awesome red cords and the highly disCORDant black shoos. Didn't get the smile or pose quite right, and not sure I captured the spirit of the style. But I did my best.
Paul Stuart J Crew J Press Rooster RLPL ancient madder Brooks Brothers Pantherella Church's Custom Grade
Mic drop. (Note: All of the above are intended to be humble homages; no mockery involved whatsoever)

Last edited:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Mic drop.

(Note: All of the above are intended to be humble homages; no mockery involved whatsoever)

******* WIN. perfect HF.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

******* WIN. perfect HF.

I could not agree more - the whole post was clever, funny and totally in the spirit of the exercise.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

I could not agree more - the whole post was clever, funny and totally in the spirit of the exercise.

definitely. he put a lot of work into it and its 100% spot on. gonna be hard to beat that.

FillW

Reaction score
He could've just darkened out his face and did the rest of the DTOs.
devil.gif

(joking)

I think we have a winner.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holdfast is British. You're wearing a button down collar. He's going to kill ya.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GMMcL - awesome. just awesome. i am honored that i was in your post. and i lol'ed at the roundhouse line.

this

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So, um, er...

*******. I'll go anyway.

No offense, gnatty!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads