• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WAYWRN Composite -- 25 thumb minimum

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SC Award - Anden & GMM
Mooostache Award - Cleav
Train Conductor Award - Roycru
Beard + Houndstooth Award - Gdl

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my vote goes to RoyCru for the vintage classic...

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like your thinking. I haven't tried cream yet. I'm considering the cream cashmere that Simon C refers to in this post:
http://www.permanentstyle.co.uk/201...-teasels-and-cream-cashmere.html#.VGIZavlwvYg

Cream might work, but -- and I think you agree -- I don't think silk is the way to go with all that texture. How about dots, blue on gray? Something like this.

Or this:

If you're going to go silk, I've had reasonable success with very muted, chalky dark ancient madder paisleys on patterns.

Last edited:

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Last week in Florence:
Taken for the challenge but never used..by the way, awesome to see you back Don!
Northern lights. Brown in town. It's fall, y'all.
SF Family: Hober (tie) Yount (pants, shoes) (Pants are brown. Don't know if that's clear)
Technically yesterday. Seemed like a good day for Panta's odd vest.
All very good stuff gents, the bar is indeed high. Good to see @DonCologne back round these parts too :slayer: Somewhat comforting to see you back DC! Racing the light today. Early morning indoor shoe pics and the flash kicked in at 1630!
THIS HAT. THIS SCARF. Gray heather casentino ulster coat - Eidos Brown donegal Lorenzo suit - Eidos white/blue box check spread - Eidos Wool gun check tie - Cruciani e Bella Peal Chukks
Tons of heavy hitters on this page, too many to name but lots of good stuff. A legal aid dinner tonight makes for a rare opportunity to don a full suit today:
BBGF / Kamakura / Louis Walton / Kent Wang / AE
People's Jury Prize - DonCologne 34 Clag's Jury Prize - Clags Cleav's Jury Prize - Clags Honourable mention(s) - Welcome back DC!

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Good call on the CJP. I would have given it to myself.

And once again, I want to thank Elio and Cleav and anyone else I missed (I know DonC was helping out there a while back) for keeping this thread up and running and humming. Y'all have taken something I was doing alone and made it a group endeavor. Truly fantastic.

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My green Donegal tweed suit - the light wasn't good when I got home. The fabric really needs to be seen properly and the light wasn't doing it any justice. I wasn't happy with most of the shots but I think these came out quite well:

I especially like the first one, a shame we can't see more details. The suede color looks amazing, who made these?
Why? Chalk and suede is effing great.

68 likes now.
wink.gif

This is from a few weeks ago in Merry Old England (in fact it wasn't merry at all, but incredibly cold):

today something between cold and warm weather.

best
T

Cross post from MC Casual

Sunday

IMG_4593.JPG

2014-11-09%2011.08.59.jpg

Today, home earlier so beat the light, nearly....

SF Family:
Hober (tie)
Exquisite Trimmings (square)
Wolf vs Goat (trousers)

Good stuff on the last few pages.

Not to resurrect a dead discussion, but I remember some talk a while back about large paisley prints. I happen to have one, and while it's not terribly versatile, I think it can work when properly deployed. Here's my best effort.

So many people looking great these last few pages: Clags, kulata, Suge, Chocsosa, Cotton D, Flying M, and Cleav to name just a few. Great work gents. My favorite, however, is Urban Composition. So glad you're posting a little more over here again.

So as not to annoy Stitchy, I will not classify my fit today. What is not seen is the damage done to my pants by the dry cleaner that I noticed on the drive in to work this morning!! I have noticed that I am reaching for this Henry Carter tie very frequently. I need to temper that a little, but it also means I need to buy more from Jason.

Wednesday, paisley, and the Westminster Hymnal.

All Eidos with Belgian hooves.

People's Choice: Gerry N (36)
Elio's Jury Prize: grade (love the paisley)
Claghorn's Jury Prize: Clags (superb SC)
Honourable Mention: clarinetplayer's purple tie & Don C's colours and patterns

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im too lazy for lists today, so Ill just give everyone a Very Rexy Look award.

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A rare full, outside shot courtesy of my wife and an iPhone. A proper picture will follow shortly.

Blues and greys and a bit of linen mixed in for a warm day

MJ Bale
Luxire
H.C linen/silk
H.C Linen
Meermin

This one's another Fresco- the 512- but with a slightly stronger shoulder (for me).
silk knit
linen square
cordovan shoos
Hi guise- new suit office action shot
smile.gif

We fade to grey.

Paging (!) @SpooPoker Thanks. Love it!

Today. Its getting cold.

Best
T

Had a course and greens meeting at the Club yesterday wore this. Excellent for outside, toasty warm! Jacket off when inside and still like wearing a sauna!

FC X Apols

SF Family:
Howard Yount (suit, square)
Unipair (shoes)

Parent Teacher Conferences tonight. Finally home. Brown and grey herring: pants, vest, jacket, tie, pocket square, gloves, overcoat. Lucky number seven.

X-post from challenge.
To stand out I use Jack as a secret weapon.
Plan was to shoot in the countyside with a 12 gauge and Le Chameau wellies. But I had to settle with tweed in the city.

@Anden looking great as always. Jack looking good too!
smile.gif

Very rainy here today, so the light is terrible. This is the best I could do...

IMG_8346.jpg

IMG_8347.jpg

Florence again, in front of Palazzo Pitti.

Today. Unspoilering second photo because colors are better.

Shoes are beaters (snow on ground) and they got some color and love once I got to the office.

People's Choice: AAS (41)
Elio's Jury Prize: AAS (my favourite fit from you so far!)
Clag's Jury Prize: Henry C
Honourable Mention: Braddock's very slick coiffure and TWEED!

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Previous

Unexplained Best Suit fit: Sander, Clarinetplayer
Unexplained Best Odd jacket fit: DonCologne, Grade
Notable mention: EFV's casual suit look
Notable mention 2: Sugarbutch's tie
Notable mention 3: NickPollica cool factor

Current

Unexplained Best Suit fit: Henry Carter, Claghorn
Unexplained Best Odd jacket fit: An Acute Style (That is my favorite from you of all time)
Notable mention: Cleav's suit. Different shoes and we are talking about an all time best fit
Notable mention 2: Anden's use of accessories
Notable mention 3: Sugarbutch's tie

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

All Eidos erraythang with Peal chucks.

FCXP

How to bring the sun out from behind the clouds in Melbourne: go for a walk wearing tweed.

How to make it go disappear? Go inside again.

Corneliani for RLP - Hackett - Camicissima - Henry Carter - Alexander Olch - Canali - Carmina

Have to go to a engagement party later today.

Also, I guess I should mention, I think this is my first WAYWRN post!

Deets:
Shirt: Inglese
SC: Formosa Hopsack
Trew: Rota
Shoes / Belt: Vass
Tie: Calabrese
Square: Rubi

Huge honour for me, the Club has invited me to be their Captain for 2015! I am deeply humbled, honoured and incredibly excited at the prospect. The Duchess and the Flower Garden are as proud as I am.

Complete surprise, in that only the past Captains decide.

I was invited to the Club yesterday -

@SpooPoker Love the jacket, superb as ever
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

@Newcomer Excellent
nod[1].gif

Showing how one waited for a telephone call before the invention of mobile telephones whilst wearing a Brooks Brothers brown herringbone tweed jacket (part of the three piece suit that I got at the Brooks Brothers store on Post and Grant in San Francisco in the Fall of 1965), Brooks Brothers yellow and white University stripe OCBD, and repp tie, Tommy Hilfiger yellow cotton sweater vest, Jim Thompson pocket square, Orvis cord trousers, Gold Toe Argyle socks, and Allen-Edmonds brown grain Kiowas.......

This time the too long blades are tucked. :)

Photoshoot for my wife's first batik collection.
No budget (yet), so it's a 100% DIY operation for now.
Obviously, tie & shirt choice weren't mine! Fun to do, though.

BE-07.jpg

Man, I love autumn/winter. Flannel and the matte bourette silk of the tie is just perfect.

Back to boring and the maiden voyage of my new wool herringbone tie.

Worn for church.. channeling EFV, Anden and AAS on this one..

Cell phone pic with my lil' one..

Yesterday
IMG_4787mod.jpg

Textures

2014-11-16%2010.16.57.jpg
2014-11-16%2010.21.30.jpg

IMG_4782mod.jpg

Four pattern bingo.

SF Family:
Hober (tie)
Wang (square)

Blinding snow (built-in reflector/bounce card!).

People's Choice: kulata (38)
Elio's Jury Prize: chocsosa (for doing AAS and extra points for pic with daughter)
Clag's Jury Prize: newcomer
Honourable Mention: Cotton Docker's SC and Clags for teaching us that the word "BINGO!!!" can mean something tastefully understated.

Congrats Cleav on the Club Captainship for 2015!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nick P wins this one, with special mentions to CD, and first time WAYWRN poster but long time reader @Newcomer.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheers! E for the props! I think this fit of mine just made it under the wire :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads