1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

WAYWRN Composite -- 25 thumb minimum

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, Feb 20, 2014.

1. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think I will now be reading Seajen's post with a British (English?) Accent. Seajen, I wonder if those questions are too general for now (agree with having clear questions).

While I like Elio's idea, probably would have to pick on a long-time poster with good humor, and criticisms would have to be done without rancor. We might start with promoting worthy fits. The question then is: why is this a worthy fit?

2. TM79

TM79 Senior member

Channeling your inner Manton? I thought he trademarked that phrase.

1 person likes this.
  3. TweedyProf

I'm a professor. I use fancy words, preferably with more than 3 syllables.

Last edited: May 27, 2014
    2 people like this.
  4. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

me too. like this: ORLY!

4 people like this.
  5. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

It would be entertaining if Fuuma did the reviews...

2 people like this.
  6. kulata

kulata Senior member

Awesome 20+ fits that didn't make it on time :slayer:

1 person likes this.
  7. Rudals

Rudals Senior member

I don't think mine belongs in there but...I appreciate all the thumbs up. LOL

8. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

Are these from the previous WAYWRN thread?

9. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

I don't think so. They were all around 18/19 when I went through the first time.

I think that might be one of my favorites of Kulata's. Striped tie, brown pants, high contrast buttons. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. kulata

kulata Senior member

It's when I take risks that you get all microscopic with my fits :foo:

11. in stitches

clags has a sears tower sized boanar for striped ties.

12. Claghorn

13. in stitches

14. jungleroller

jungleroller Senior member

The Chicagoan in me appreciates this statement as the Sears Tower will always be known as such.

2 people like this.
  15. TweedyProf

Kulata

That isn't a Drake's striped grenadine in your last pic is it? I can't tell from the pic, but there's one that Sotiris wore in a previous picture but in orange. Curious if yours is the same kind.

16. kulata

kulata Senior member

No its not Drake's. It's from Feni Milano

1 person likes this.
  17. Claghorn

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
    2 people like this.
  18. EliodA

EliodA Senior member

Ok, I'm going to give it a go, to see if we can start some discussion. Over all, I think this is a really nice batch, some great fits and especially beautiful photography & scenery.
    @EFV got a load of thumbs and deservedly so, it looks like a professional photo shoot for a high end magazine. And his partner dressing in comparable style makes it complete. But, TBH, it's hard to make out the details of his fit. Other than a general impression of a well fitting (if somewhat short) suit and a very elegant way of wearing a hat, it's hard to say anything about shirt and/or tie combo. And only the second time looking, I noticed the blue tassel loafers, not a favourite of mine, I'm afraid.
    Of course, the quality of the pics always plays a big part but then again, one gives a thumb up if one likes what he sees, so it's all part of the game IMO, nothing unfair there.
    @Pingson is solid as always (as is @Sotiris ), I love the stare in the camera: "Don't mess with the Prof!" [​IMG]
    @DonCologne 's talent for colour combinations is again illustrated here, and for once (forgive the snipe, Don) the shoes are nice here.
    My least favourite of this batch (and please, don't take this personally, i just hope to get some discussion going) is the fit of @chocsosa . I understand from your comments that you kind of had to throw this fit together due to circumstances (the extreme heat, right?), but I'm afraid it shows. IMO this is not up to your usual high standards. I think a less busy shirt and/or tie and somewhat more 'summery' shoes would have helped a lot here.
    @Braddock has show us fits that are a lot better than this one, IMO (too much going on for my taste), but then he makes up with jealousy inducing scenery!
    I really like the subtle fit of @sugarbutch here. His choice of using a rather pale, low contrast tie accentuates the nice colour coordination between the light grey suit and his hair/beard colour. A good example of how someone with a rich complexion can make a low contrast fit work.
    But my favourite of this batch has to be @tchoy , for the perfect fit of his suit and the understated elegance of the combo. His relaxed pose tops it off, just superb!

5 people like this.
  19. Claghorn

No question. tchoy wins that batch.

2 people like this.
  20. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

^ Hands down. As i said in WAYWRN, that is one of the best fits I've seen on SF. No flash, just perfect fit and colour combination. I almost never save pics on my computer for future inspiration, but I had to save that one.

As for my own fit. I mostly wanted to try out my new camera, so we took it for a spin in one of the most beautiful spots near our apartment. I suspect the setting was the reason for the many thumbs, but I also quite enjoyed that fit and will probably be wearing variations of that combination more times.

All in all, a batch of good to great fits. There are no fits there that doesn't belong in the 20 thumb thread imho.

2 people like this.