1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

WAYWRN Composite -- 25 thumb minimum

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

See how there isn't a smooth drop from the shoulder down the arm?

I'll say this: I cannot wait until you get your first perfectly fitting suit. I bet you freak out and go all Noodlely on us.

Edit: Adding this for emphasis. Seriously. You'll flip out. It's going to be amazing to watch.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
    2 people like this.
  2. Rudals

Rudals Senior member

I wish somEone would tell me while giving me thumbs up. I am not getting no feedbqcks anymore. T T

3. Claghorn

Well, your combinations and the items you purchase have improved so immensely, and I'd sort of assumed you knew about the fit issue.

4. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

I agree. The jacket is just a little too small all over. You'll get there, Rudals. You still probably look far better than anyone you work with.

1 person likes this.
  5. Rudals

Rudals Senior member

^
    YES.
    If I look worse than people who wear JosABanks then we have a serious problem.

Someone tell me what I need to tell the tailor in order to get this shoulder issue fixed. He saw this jacket but did not say much.

6. AJL

AJL Senior member

I think the shoulder is one of the trickiest things to alter. If its not right out of the box not sure there's much a tailor can do, at least not without incurring a fairly hefty cost. I'd guess most tailors want nothing to do with this kind of work.

1 person likes this.
  7. jungleroller

jungleroller Senior member

You've sold me on that Vanda tie vs. Hober I think. I've been eyeing those since you posted it. Vanda is more expensive but I think has a nicer "plum" color.... @GMMcLif Cleav doesn't pick up whatever tie you were thinking of getting rid of, shoot me a pic and lmk I might be interested.

8. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

Manton posted a fit? Nice...

9. TweedyProf

Rudals...actually, look at the shoulders of the SS coats you had on in the other thread and compare with the one above. Whatever else you say about those (I gave you some comments and suggestions in that thread about what to look for when a suit doesn't fit), look at the difference from the point of the shoulder down the outline line of the arm between the SS's and your Zegna (?)...see a difference?

Maybe it's just your pose. I think you posted this photo in tailor's thread and I was shocked Despos did not mention it or that Fields did not either. It's not desirable, but maybe in real life, it isn't there, just when you tighten up in your pose. Is that true?

10. Rudals

Rudals Senior member

....just before we go nuts on the shoulders, we are certain that it isn't the angle of the camera, right?

11. TweedyProf

You tell me...you can see the difference in the pics, yes? Clean lines at the shoulder in many of the pics in this thread versus yours above (and versus those in the SS coats). It might be the pose. If it's clean in general, then ignore the pics and criticisms of it.

There was a post some time back in some thread of two men from the back where one had horrible wrinkles and the other had a really clean back. People jumped all over it until a tailor pointed out that, of course, you live in a coat, and it moves with you. A photo can capture even the best coat in an unflattering light (think of the most beautiful actress you know, and I'm sure you can find a horrible pic). So, it could be the angle or pose, but only you would be able to tell us.

12. Rudals

Rudals Senior member

This is the same suit. It's my stance that is creating the shoulder problem.
    But a lesson well learned.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  13. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

Jung, not me man. You thinking of someone else maybe?

14. jungleroller

jungleroller Senior member

Ah yes sorry it was Clags.

1 person likes this.
  15. Claghorn

16. Rudals

Rudals Senior member

@calypso
    That pose is Bad@ss. [​IMG]

@Claghorn
    I was looking at your WAYWRN (the two above) and wished that I can pull off something like that then I realized that I canNOT wear khakis. [​IMG]

17. Claghorn

Good news. I don't wear khakis. That's tropical wool from Howard Yount.

18. Rudals

Rudals Senior member

My sincere apologies.

19. Stugotes

Stugotes Senior member

This thread has replaced WAYWT as my go-to-thread when entering the site. Don't even check the latter anymore.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  20. calypso

calypso Senior member

Yeeehaaa! I made it to the +20 thumbs thread :D
    Thanks @Rudals [​IMG]