1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

WAYWRN Composite -- 25 thumb minimum

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

2. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

2 people like this.
  3. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

so i went and finished up the month of jan 2013, and before you see the pics i wanted to point out a few things. 1. Edit - Clags is a butt. 2. for anyone who thinks that people get 20 likes on name recognition alone, please note that i passed by fits from pingson, timo and butler than fell shy. 3. crusty seems to garner 11-13 likes almost every time and cant figure out what more of his fits are not getting more love. and with that here are the fits!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. Cantabrigian

Cantabrigian Senior member

Good call on Maomao. Dude has his own style to extent that few others do. And he always looks really good.

There are some really good Foofits but that's not one of them.

I don't have an adjective to describe just how horribly bad that square is on its own, let alone with gunclub jacket.

3 people like this.
  5. Claghorn

Guys, 20 thumb minimum, not 20 thumbs or close but I really liked it. We introduce our personal tastes and the implication is that our tastes in what others wear are better than others. And while that may be justifiable in some cases, it undermines the objective method of selecting fix for this thread.

6. in stitches

Fixed. Did you edit the sub 20 fits you posted?

Yeah, Im a dick.

7. Claghorn

The only sub-20 fit was Timo's mustache. Would you like me to remove Timo's mustache from this thread? Do you know what that mustache will do to you. To Us?!?

8. in stitches

Does it or does or does it not have 20 likes?

If not please link original timo post again so we can get it to 20 likes and beyond.

Did I mention Im a dick?

9. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Thank you for posting all the fits! I really like the top 5s as well, especially the ones with explanation!

So, if thumb inflation will continue to rise, will the standard of the thumbs needed to reach this thread rise as well? It would be fun to see how this progresses, and whether the thumb culture has changed only temporarily or permanently because of this thread.

10. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

I actually meant to post the one of him at lunch in London. I remember him wearing a tweed jacket and a very nice Ancient Madder. I can't seem to find it, though.

Per that example, I'm kinda drawn to it for some reason. Completely absurd and far from in good taste, but something about the execution doesn't have me immediately running for the bathroom (like I'd think I would). For the record, I'd never attempt something like this.

11. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

Didn't he post this in the Good taste thread?

12. in stitches

13. Rudals

Rudals Senior member

@timotune
    이 남자분은 TIMOTUNE을 너무 닮았습니다.
    설마...
    [​IMG]

14. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

The irony of him being one of the gate keepers of the Good taste thread yet posting a fit that is apparently far from those parameters.

15. in stitches

is that a surprise? also, i am sure he can give you 8 million reasons why that was in good taste.

3 people like this.
  16. Cantabrigian

Cantabrigian Senior member

I'm guessing this is the photo you have in mind.

[​IMG]

That one is much better (which says nothing) and is also very good.

That fit still has one pattern too many - either needs a solid shirt or, even better, a solid tie (or at a minimum a tie whose pattern is a very different scale to that of the jacket / shirt).

That's more of a suity tie but the perfection of the jacket - tie color scheme makes up for that IMO.

Compare that to this car crash:

The tie itself isn't great. Worse it doesn't go with the jacket either in terms of colors or in terms of... I'll make up a word later... but I mean that's a suit or blazer sort of tie, not a (faux-)tweed sort of tie.

The square, however, would go very nicely with some big red shoes and a juggling act.

I'm not trying to pile on Foofy. I believe he's said that the fits he poasts here are generally more experimental. And four patterns is hellahard to do.

If anything, I think this is a good example of how someone's style can evolve / be refined. The two looks are similar - tweedy jackets, striped shirts, etc. but the results are very different.

2 people like this.
  17. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

^That's the one. Ninja edit.

And all good points, Canta. I agree on all fronts.

18. Claghorn

Mostly current. I stopped at
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/234255/hof-what-are-you-wearing-right-now-part-iii/73060_20#post_7012611

As I figured there is a good chance that fit will hit 20. I, or someone else, can pick it up from there in a few days.

19. in stitches

20. Claghorn

Not mine. Monkeyface's. At 17 now, but I wouldn't by surprised if it breaks 20.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014