1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

WAYWRN Composite -- 25 thumb minimum

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

Color/texture game on fleek?

2. Anden

Anden Senior member

[​IMG]

3. Anden

Anden Senior member

I love this note. It's good to smile I'm told.

4. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Senior member

JCM, I liked that gun-club fit of mine too. Probably should have cross-posted it to WAYWRN Casual.

I also have a winter-weight gun club jacket. Hope to feature it soon. You can't have too much gun club, you know. Summer and winter weight are a bare minimum.

5. jcmeyer

jcmeyer Senior member

@UrbanComposition 48 [​IMG] @rickytt 40 [​IMG] @clarinetplayer 30 [​IMG] @EFV 45 [​IMG] @Gerry Nelson 50 [​IMG] @Roycru 29 [​IMG] @Anden 38 [​IMG] @upr_crust 27 [​IMG] @Dennis Walter 37 [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    @Pliny 46 [​IMG] @CruzAzul 26 [​IMG] @Murlsquirl 36 [​IMG] @DavidLane 34 [​IMG] @SYCSYC 25 [​IMG] @DiplomaticTies 32 [​IMG] @Andy57 29 [​IMG] @Claghorn 39 [​IMG] @Braddock 42 [​IMG]
    @bienluienapris 27 [​IMG] @Gerry Nelson 34 [​IMG] Next batch begins here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/394373/...ing-right-now-part-iv-starting-may-2014/34980 Stats! Date Range: March 19 - 22, 2016 25+ Posts: 20 Total Thumbs: 714 Avg. per Post: 35.7 Median Post: 35 Range: 25 - 50 People's Choice: Gerry Nelson and the Great Green Tweed You're all winners this time, but Dennis' tie, Gerry's suits, David's shoes, Andy/Anden/Pliny's color palette, and EFV's photo shoot at a children's sandbox are especially win.

3 people like this.
  6. Claghorn

@sander
    [​IMG]

@ajv
    [​IMG]

A J V
    [​IMG]

@Crat
    [​IMG]

@UrbanComposition
    [​IMG]

@Roycru
    [​IMG]

@justinkapur
    [​IMG]

@bienluienapris
    [​IMG]

@Gerry Nelson
    [​IMG]

@Anden
    [​IMG]

@upr_crust
    [​IMG]

UrbanComposition
    [​IMG]

@SYCSYC
    [​IMG]

@sugarbutch
    [​IMG]

@deacon-hh
    [​IMG]

@Coxsackie
    [​IMG]

Crat
    [​IMG]

SYCSYC
    [​IMG]

@An Acute Style
    [​IMG]

@chocsosa
    [​IMG]

@Roy Al
    [​IMG]

SYCSYC
    [​IMG]

@Isolation
    [​IMG]

@Braddock
    [​IMG]

@Claghorn
    [​IMG]

@sebastian mcfox
    [​IMG]

@heldentenor
    [​IMG]

Roycru
    [​IMG]

UrbanComposition
    [​IMG]

@merick
    [​IMG]

@Andres 13
    [​IMG]

@Tom Miler
    [​IMG]

@Francks
    [​IMG]

Noods
    [​IMG]

Crusty
    [​IMG]

@DerekS
    [​IMG]

http://www.styleforum.net/t/394373/...rt-iv-starting-may-2014/35220_20#post_8381971
    ---
    People's Choice: Sander (53)
    CJP: UrbanComposition / Anden / UrbanComposition / Sugarbutch
    Best Simple Outfit: UrbanComposition / Sugarbutch
    Best Seasonal Outfit: Coxsackie / Claghorn

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    2 people like this.
  7. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

Twice the bridesmaid...

:)

8. Claghorn

Check again. Getting bigamist up in here.

One of my favorites of your pictures of your outfits.

1 person likes this.
  9. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

Thanks! I think this is my first CJP

10. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Senior member

Could be one of my first Claghorn gongs too. Yay!

Also nice to see all the unusual textural fabrics - Crat, Merick, Braddock, DerekS in particular (but others too). These are cloths you rarely, if ever, see being worn in real life.

This is one of the great things about "classic" menswear - may seem boring and rules-ridden to some, but in reality there's an infinitude of great stuff out there, all of it grounded in historical precedent, and a lot of it so much better than just about anything you can find in modern mainstream men's fashion.

Again this thread demonstrates its worth. Thanks to all those who make the effort. (Might be my turn again soon...)

11. heldentenor

heldentenor Senior member

This round gets us up to April Fool's Day.

------

People's Choice: Cleav (57)

Best Odd Jacket Fit: Anden in Brown/Andres13/Mr. Six in Green/Cleav

Best Suit Fit: Luv2BReformed/Gerry Nelson in Grey/Murlsquirl/Crusty's PoW #1

Best Use of Minimal Design Elements (Color/Pattern): Anden in Grey/Roycru in Ochre/Murlsquirl/Cleav Blue on Blue

Next round begins with Pliny here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/394373/...-part-iv-starting-may-2014/35415#post_8387079

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    6 people like this.
  12. jcmeyer

jcmeyer Senior member

Nice. I'll get another round in this weekend sometime too.

13. Claghorn

I've mentioned before, but I am curious about what Mr. Six is hiding with the blurred out pictures behind him. Perhaps something which would reveal his identity as a superhero?

14. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

15. Claghorn

Mr. Six is my new favorite person. TD!

Olajuwon would be a great subject.

16. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

Weeeellllllllll ... To alleviate that burden as quickly as possible I'll go ahead and say that I'm a LeBron stan. TD is the greatest power forward of all time and I respect his skills and longevity and appreciate his quiet dorky humor, but he doesn't really interest me. And I can't stand the Spurs as an organization (because I have a long memory and am petty).

But here's the full TD chapter, which is great. https://issuu.com/fdadmin/docs/freedarkoduncanexcerpt_02

Olajuwon would have been good for a style guide analysis but they didn't do one. I think they only did them for players who were active at the time of the first FreeDarko book (2008). And Olajuwan was a great player--whom I enjoyed watching play--but perhaps not that interesting.

17. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

We can't hang out anymore [​IMG]

Thanks for the shouts @heldentenor

18. jcmeyer

jcmeyer Senior member

@Pliny 33 [​IMG] @Anden 50 [​IMG] @Tom Miler 36 [​IMG] @upr_crust 34 [​IMG] @Claghorn 43 [​IMG] @heldentenor 39 [​IMG] @Andy57 39 [​IMG] @SYCSYC 34 [​IMG] @EFV 42 [​IMG] @Sander 25 [​IMG] @heldentenor 40 [​IMG] @UrbanComposition 54 [​IMG] @luv2breformed 37 [​IMG] @An Acute Style 27 [​IMG] @Roycru 41 One often encounters bizarre businesses when walking around in Los Angeles. Walked past this earlier today. It's a "Bridal Exchange". Today is Sunday, so it wasn't open, but it looks like a place where unhappy brides exchange things that they don't want for things that they do want The bride in the picture in one of the windows appears to have achieved happiness by exchanging her groom for a horse. (Please, no comments that the place should be called a "bridle exchange" or that if one has a horse one needs a groom.) Brooks Brothers blue wool and polyester blazer, L L Bean yellow OCBD shirt, Beau Ties Of Vermont tie, Hermes pocket square, blue and yellow surcingle belt, Orvis trousers, and Allen-Edmonds Walnut Strands. On a large enough monitor you can also see that I have (sort of) managed to get my watch (well, the watch chain) into the picture. It's harder to get pocket watches into pictures than it is to get wrist watches into pictures. [​IMG] I do not know if there is also a "Groom Exchange" where unhappy grooms can exchange their brides for horses and then have an inside track to (eventually) getting a few pair of shell cordovan shoes. For fans of pictures of small parts of people rather than whole people (there must be some fans based on the number of thumbs these sort of pictures get) and for fans of brass buttons....... [​IMG] Many years ago, when I got this blazer at Brooks Brothers, there was no problem having working button holes added. Back then, two buttons was the default number of cuff buttons on three button jackets (and three was the default number of cuff buttons on two button jackets) but you could have any number of cuff buttons that you wanted. I wanted three buttons, so they put three buttons on the cuffs. Recently, there seems to be an odd practice of leaving some of the cuff buttons unbuttoned. I have no idea why people do this. Maybe they miss having fly buttons to forget to button (since the invention of zippers) so they forget to button their cuff buttons instead. (On the off chance that any unhappy brides look at the posts in this group, the "Bridal Exchange" is on Olympic Blvd just east of Bundy in West Los Angeles.) @blekit 35 [​IMG] Sander 52 [​IMG] @Andres 13 29 [​IMG] @upr_crust 28 [​IMG] @Coxsackie 34 [​IMG] @Claghorn 36 [​IMG] Next round will start here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/394373/...ing-right-now-part-iv-starting-may-2014/35565 Stats! Date Range: April 1 - 4 Total posts: 20 Total Thumbs: 749 Avg. per Post: 37.45 Median Post: 36 Range: 25 - 54 Solid ties: 12 / Patterned: 8 People's Choice: UrbanComp JCM's Highlights:
    • UC's pink tie
    • Sander #2's suit and overall fit - Best in Show for me this round
    • Clags #2's shirt, in that I wouldn't expect to like those stripes but I do
    • All the great shades of brown in this set

5 people like this.
  19. jcmeyer

jcmeyer Senior member

@Murlsquirl 35 [​IMG] @DerekS 26 [​IMG] @mossrockss 44 [​IMG] @Cleav 40 [​IMG] @SYCSYC 28 [​IMG] @Gerry Nelson 40 [​IMG] @bienluienapris 26 [​IMG] @upr_crust 25 [​IMG] @spectre via Gerry Nelson 30 [​IMG] @Murlsquirl 30 [​IMG] @Andy57 37 [​IMG] @Mr. Six 26 [​IMG] @Anden 28 [​IMG] @Sander 40 [​IMG] @bourbonbasted 28 [​IMG] @Cleav 43 [​IMG] [​IMG] @Andy57 26 [​IMG] @Roycru 27 [​IMG] @jcmeyer 44 [​IMG] @Coxsackie 29 [​IMG] @Mr. Six 37 [​IMG] Next set begins here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/394373/...ing-right-now-part-iv-starting-may-2014/35745 Stats! Date Range: April 4 - 6 Total posts: 21 Total Thumbs: 689 (652 without the 21st post to compare to other sets of 20) Avg. per Post: 32.81 Median Post: 30 Range: 25 - 44 People's Choice: mossrockss and jcmeyer tie - we'll let @Caustic Man do the honors of the tie-breaker, given his stated adoration of my fit On the whole, this set falls a little flat and the stats confirm as much. Some bright spots, including the episode where Cleav took on the English wind and won, but most everyone in here regularly puts up better. Eh well, life goes on.

3 people like this.
  20. heldentenor

heldentenor Senior member

I think @Sander is the outstanding fit from the last batch. That's a very well executed solid/stripe/neat/irregular pattern combination in well-chosen colors.