• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

emptym

Reaction score
Wait, what? I don't know how you can do that! My jeans tend to last about 1 to 2 years of infrequent use before the crotch blows out. Dress trousers last a little bit longer because I rarely need to wear them in my line of work. Still, the fabric in the crotch area pills and gets thin quite fast. Wish I could get as much wear from my clothes as you do!

Long time no see! Strong fit for a comeback!
The crotch blew! But I've started to repair it myself:
IMG_2994.jpg

Edit, the pic reveals a couple places that look they're about to go too. Still, old stuff is often the best stuff imo.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After a weekend of shorts, polo shirts, no socks, and no shaving, this feels like being dressed up, especially as the temperatures are to reach 34C/93F with humidity by this afternoon.

Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Trousers - Brooks Brothers
Shoes - New & Lingwood

IMG_8191.JPG
IMG_8192.JPG
IMG_8190.JPG

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The crotch blew! But I've started to repair it myself:
View attachment 998361
Edit, the pic reveals a couple places that look they're about to go too. Still, old stuff is often the best stuff imo.

My biggest problem isn’t the crotch per se, but mostly the inseams where they meet at the crotch. Because they are raised, the tend to rub prematurely against each other and fray much quicker.

I am currently «homeless» as my future house isn’t ready before July 5th, but as soon as I’m done with the move, I’ll send 2-3 pairs to Denim Therapy for a quote.

Thanks!

emptym

Reaction score
Thanks @hoodog. They're Rag and Bone, from back when they made everything (iirc) in NY:
IMG_3006.jpg

@ShawnBC, that sounds good. Have you considered repairing them yourself? I just did basic stitches, but these guys on the SWD DIY thread have mad skilz:
So I have been working on completely rebuilding this pair of jeans for quite some time now, and I thought some of you might enjoy seeing some pictures. Not done yet, but well on the way. @IRKSM

Nothing done by machine, all single needle stitched.

What I started with:

The denim on the rear, and on the knees were both paper thin, stretched out and torn. These jeans had been repaired a number of times previously.

Repairs thus far:

Darn/Reweave/Reinforce button hole

Repairs to the Rear:

I have some WIP pics for the pocket repair as well, but I cant find them atm.

Knee repair:

Added a hidden pocket to those patchwork jeans I always post
vvYXPkB.jpg

iPMveyc.jpg

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks @hoodog. They're Rag and Bone, from back when they made everything (iirc) in NY:
View attachment 998739
@ShawnBC, that sounds good. Have you considered repairing them yourself? I just did basic stitches, but these guys on the SWD DIY thread have mad skilz:

Thanks for the attached content - I do not hang much on the «other side» much! Although the work displayed looks time-consuming, it is not a style I would be confortable wearing. I like things sober and «plain» and the stitch work might not be my cup of tea - hence why I am attracted to DT «reweaving» service!

steveabdn

Reaction score
Polo is Luca Avitabile, belt is Il Micio
That polo looks really nice, the colour seems to work with everything you pair it with. I am currently building a wardrobe and the dress collar type polo shirt is going to feature heavily

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its back in the triple digits here in the valley..linen/cotton/wool/unlined mix going on throughout the whole fit..also an ode to white chinos being I had this on and then noticed an email alert on my phone from the SF blog where it had just been covered in an article..

View attachment 998459 View attachment 998461 View attachment 998463 View attachment 998476

The lapel button is nice subtle touch. Also full on no belt trend. Damn I hate to be a belt maker if this takes hold.

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually dont wear belts anymore save for my denim and low rise chinos or dress pants..This particular pair has side tab adjusters with suspender buttons so a belts not needed.. tbh once I discovered suspenders, the use of belts dropped dramatically for me
The lapel button is nice subtle touch. Also full on no belt trend. Damn I hate to be a belt maker if this takes hold.

DapperAndy

Reaction score
1D0382EA-374C-424F-916E-A9545EE9A13A.jpeg
Shoes by Max Estin
Denim by Agave Denim / Pragmatist Coco Melange Gray

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually dont wear belts anymore save for my denim and low rise chinos or dress pants..This particular pair has side tab adjusters with suspender buttons so a belts not needed.. tbh once I discovered suspenders, the use of belts dropped dramatically for me
Interesting. I tried suspenders but I find them quite uncomfortable, pulling down on my shoulders all day long. It might be me not having found the perfect setting yet, but I'm not converted. I'll keep using the side adjusters for now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads