• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Now that brought a chuckle! Yes I do own a Harley but was referring to a bicycle. I do triathlon and ride no socks so my ankles get tan but my feet are usually stone white which really looks rediculous when I wear flip flops. Thanks again for the input.

waiting for the Harley picture and the look that goes with it !

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
D586150E-C427-4304-8AA4-11136DB63F7B.jpeg

Look alive, look alive.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What's up with the name change, Mr. V?

Veremund

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 973066 View attachment 973065 View attachment 973064
All right xpost from Sc & Jeans. Darker wash denim? No denim, too casual for the top? I am guessing so. I think it looks ok but I bet a nice pair of cream color linen trousers does better right?

Dude, this is so perfect. Those shoes are great with those jeans. If you were wearing thin cotton chinos then I would totally agree with Emptym about the loafers, but with those jeans, the shoes are perfect. It’s all perfect. I give you 10 out of 10. :worship:

Edit: Have to deduct a tenth of a point for tying your shoes incorrectly. The bow should go across your foot, not up your leg. :facepalm:

:lol:

Reactions: IEG

emptym

Reaction score
Dude, this is so perfect. Those shoes are great with those jeans. If you were wearing thin cotton chinos then I would totally agree with Emptym about the loafers, but with those jeans, the shoes are perfect. It’s all perfect. I give you 10 out of 10. :worship:

Edit: Have to deduct a tenth of a point for tying your shoes incorrectly. The bow should go across your foot, not up your leg. :facepalm:
It's not the jeans that I thought clashed w/ the shoes but the sport coat.

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love that Field jacket. is that the one which was carried by Armoury ?

This is yesteryear’s Eidos in a lightweight donnegal wool that NMWA had for pre-order. Ascot Chang produces The Armoury’s safari style variant.

All things considered, my preference leans slightly in favor of the AC...but both are just ‘ight’ overall.

Eidos patterns aren’t to my personal ideal. Ultra-wide shoulders, narrow sleeves, tight chest. I’m not a swimmer.

The AC has more accommodating proportions for a relaxed fit. Just a hair too long though — A reoccurring criticism of mine on most safari/field/hunting jackets.

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@saurabh I am deeply envious of the peacoat. I do think a little more contrast with the trousers would have been nice. Grey flannels, beige corduroys or moleskins + your EG Galways would have been absolute fire.

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is yesteryear’s Eidos in a lightweight donnegal wool that NMWA had for pre-order. Ascot Chang produces The Armoury’s safari style variant.

All things considered, my preference leans slightly in favor of the AC...but both are just ‘ight’ overall.

Eidos patterns aren’t to my personal ideal. Ultra-wide shoulders, narrow sleeves, tight chest. I’m not a swimmer.

The AC has more accommodating proportions for a relaxed fit. Just a hair too long though — A reoccurring criticism of mine on most safari/field/hunting jackets.
Love the Eidos field jackets especially yours but I do agree with your explanation as I was blown away when I saw it in person. The Ascot Chang’s Safari style jacket in heavy brown Irish linen carried by the Armoury store is amazing and Store manager was wearing it which looked almost perfect proportion wise and the good news for me is that they will be stocking them in 1-2 months. It’s a very versatile choice as Brown would match with many different colors of shirt/trousers combination.
I think a heavy irish linen MTM G. Inglese Safari jacket with spalla camicia shoulders would be fire.

@saurabh I am deeply envious of the peacoat. I do think a little more contrast with the trousers would have been nice. Grey flannels, beige corduroys or moleskins + your EG Galways would have been absolute fire.
Thank you so much and I agree it can match with some many different trousers combination. Great to get suggestion from you as I do have the above fabric trousers you mentioned. I was been too lazy and also bad footwear choice for a CM thread. However, I do love Boots and have more boots than shoes :) can’t believe the weather is still good to wear boots in May.

Last edited:

IEG

Reaction score

Damn it JIM! My first shot at a perfect 10 and the laces killed it for me!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads