• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A rare miss IMO. The jacket is just a bit too sharp for the other elements.

If by "sharp" you mean too formal, I often wear denim with a sportcoat. It's a soft tailored jacket in a wool/linen blend with slubs in the cloth, along with a windowpane pattern and patch pockets, which are all casual elements in my view. Perhaps it's the slightly roped shoulders giving the sense of sharpness 🤷‍♂️

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If by "sharp" you mean too formal, I often wear denim with a sportcoat. It's a soft tailored jacket in a wool/linen blend with slubs in the cloth, along with a windowpane pattern and patch pockets, which are all casual elements in my view. Perhaps it's the slightly roped shoulders giving the sense of sharpness 🤷‍♂️

Quite popular nowadays, but I don't like combining tailoring with jeans. Very nice jacket though.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that you could successfully add those nice loafers to your summer wardrobe, you just need to combine them with the right tones. I'd say warm chocolate, cinnamon, burnt orange or even red.
Mostly colors I don’t have. My Summer stuff is more pastels and cool tones. I’ll keep trying, but it may be futile.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with SB. The jacket is definitely casual enough for chinos and no tie, but could also work with a dressier pant and a tie. I don’t think it’s casual enough for double denim. Keep the jeans, but a white BD or knit shirt would look more at home to me.

jeremygo

Reaction score
How's this guys?

Burn it?

They sent him home with this.. after 2nd fitting.

View attachment 1971759 View attachment 1971761 View attachment 1971763
It may be worth posting this in "The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions" as they can likely provide more specific feed back around how to alter. But yeah my immediate reaction is that the sleeves/pants need to be shortened and the back needs work to clean up (remove the wrinkles/pulling).

I'd also say he should wear a similar shirt/shoes to what he plans on wearing with the suit to get a better sense on how the sleeves/legs need to finished.

It may be worth checking out different stores if this is post alterations.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I agree with SB. The jacket is definitely casual enough for chinos and no tie, but could also work with a dressier pant and a tie. I don’t think it’s casual enough for double denim. Keep the jeans, but a white BD or knit shirt would look more at home to me.
Agree with Mr. Black Watch, but I think it could work with a more tailored trouser and the chambray shirt. In either case, as he notes, the jacket can't withstand the double-denim onslaught. The casualizing details you mention certainly rationalize the combination, but ultimately the eye decides.

Veremund

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was on the way to the barber shop this morning and realized I had never taken a picture with a giraffe.

Then saw a giraffe so stopped and took a picture with it.

IMG_5197.jpeg

Brooks Brothers corduroy jacket, L L Bean OCBD shirt, Tommy Hilfiger Fair Isle sweater vest, Burberry Nova Plaid pocket square, Orvis trousers, and Bass white bucks.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ That garden is indeed spectacular. Some 20 years ago I went back to the same hotel in Taormina two summers in a row, in part so we could walk through the garden from the hotel to the town center each day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads