• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stevam

Reaction score
Hey guys!
I love how the sunlight plays with burgundy ?

3973C993-CB4B-4B39-9860-7CBD30925349.jpeg

001483EB-C2E6-4BC6-9E1F-BE4F2B0111EF.jpeg
472E3A30-4EBA-40AE-9506-FD9BDF1821DE.jpeg

Smarter_than_Casual

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Maybe this is the right place to ask:

I love classic menswear, but can't wear a suit, tie or mostly even a sportcoat in my everyday life.
Nice Trousers,Jeans, great shirts and Knitwear is my day to day wardrobe. All good.

My problem comes with shoes:
I don' like loafers.It's just something thats not common in Germany and I quite frankly dont enjoy on me (its great for others).

So far I mostly wear:

- white minimal sneakers
- dark brown suede Oxfords
- Boots (winter)

Which shoes would you recommend for that kind of wardrobe?
I was thinking of going in the direction of Chukkas or SplitToe Derbys in something like taupe or mink suede.
Any suggestions and makers?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Maybe this is the right place to ask:

I love classic menswear, but can't wear a suit, tie or mostly even a sportcoat in my everyday life.
Nice Trousers,Jeans, great shirts and Knitwear is my day to day wardrobe. All good.

My problem comes with shoes:
I don' like loafers.It's just something thats not common in Germany and I quite frankly dont enjoy on me (its great for others).

So far I mostly wear:

- white minimal sneakers
- dark brown suede Oxfords
- Boots (winter)

Which shoes would you recommend for that kind of wardrobe?
I was thinking of going in the direction of Chukkas or SplitToe Derbys in something like taupe or mink suede.
Any suggestions and makers?
Both of those work. I'd stick to something like mink for your first pair since it'll be more versatile than taupe. What's your budget there are tons of great makers out there, just depends what you want to spend.

Smarter_than_Casual

Reaction score
Thanks!
Stylewise I was thinking about something like this;

B5D57579-6CC7-402E-B886-2C0E65B804E0.jpeg

…but obviously made properly and a touch more elegant. Most chukkas I found are two eyelet. I also like the idea of brown suede, but not extremely dark so I can wear it with anything from light beige to dark denim and maybe even flannels. My suede Meermin Oxfords are almost to dark.

Budgetwise I was thinking up to 500€ maybe.
I also like Split Toe Derby but somewhat fear them being to chunky.
Do you know makers who make a more elegant one? (Blind stitched, small welt, slimmer last)

These are good, but the Dover is above my budget. Also colourwise, I think the PS one might be „richer“ than what I‘d like.
For Andreas‘ one I fear it might not be casual enough for denim.
I liked the suede colours Simon choose for the baudoin&lange but couldnt find something similar

Smarter_than_Casual

Reaction score
Thanks!
Stylewise I was thinking about something like this;

View attachment 1646481
…but obviously made properly and a touch more elegant. Most chukkas I found are two eyelet. I also like the idea of brown suede, but not extremely dark so I can wear it with anything from light beige to dark denim and maybe even flannels. My suede Meermin Oxfords are almost to dark.

Budgetwise I was thinking up to 500€ maybe.
I also like Split Toe Derby but somewhat fear them being to chunky.
Do you know makers who make a more elegant one? (Blind stitched, small welt, slimmer last)

These are good, but the Dover is above my budget. Also colourwise, I think the PS one might be „richer“ than what I‘d like.
For Andreas‘ one I fear it might not be casual enough for denim.
I liked the suede colours Simon choose for the baudoin&lange but couldnt find something similar

Forgot the pictures:
2B474E56-4EAC-4752-967D-67B73EBF4B61.jpeg
0CEA4494-73B7-4FB0-9054-71B34534EF04.jpeg
896B9769-F09D-48BC-A9AA-F3253958D344.jpeg

D6B2B67A-AB17-45E1-8527-B4EC430A3F53.png

Attachments

• 4F545DE4-6ACB-4F3F-B489-BC1047A8E2D0.png
    4F545DE4-6ACB-4F3F-B489-BC1047A8E2D0.png
    351 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads