• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday was cold and wet.
DAEA1830-9462-44AC-B5C1-2E8A21B6D942.jpeg
5A82C70C-34B2-41E0-8C3C-F1DAE53EC3A0.jpeg

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there to see the reaction.

I have a pair of RLP 59/41 linen-silk strides in dark navy. Flat front, loose fit, light weight. Got them off eBay some time ago, never wore them. Set them aside for resale but ...

Re-discovered them recently and thought ‘these are really nice’ and rescued them. So in order to avoid them hanging up unworn again - would anyone wear strides like these, and if so, what with?

Full disclosure, living in Florida my go-to outfit for say dinner out on a weekend, especially during summer months, is usually a polo, loose fit popover or linen shirt with linen strides and driving mocs. I have several linen strides all in the off-white / cream / beige spectrum, none of them are dark. So what sort of shirt /top would pair with dark navy strides? (I have driving mocs in dark blue nubuck, navy suede and black grain so the shoe angle is covered!)

Any thoughts much appreciated - thanks!
I have a pair of navy linen pants I like to pair with a lighter blue, short sleeved Hawaii shirt, with a somewhat subtle white pattern. Pics of that (worn with some not MC approved white sneakers, for a lot of walking), in the post here.

Or you can add a white tank top to this, and some brown suede chukka boots, like the guy below:

1624494567467.png

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of navy linen pants I like to pair with a lighter blue, short sleeved Hawaii shirt, with a somewhat subtle white pattern. Pics of that (worn with some not MC approved white sneakers, for a lot of walking), in the post here.

Or you can add a white tank top to this, and some brown suede chukka boots, like the guy below:

The likeness is uncanny! ?

I like the look of the Rimowa too. But whenever I see them in the wild they are always beaten up and dented. I think some people welcome that as a badge of honour but if I pay over a grand for a metal flight case I expect it to remain in pristine condition for decades until I can be chopped up and buried in it!

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only think I paid half that when I got my Rimowa (but that was in Berlin about a decade ago). Only using it as a carry-on keeps it in good shape.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only think I paid half that when I got my Rimowa (but that was in Berlin about a decade ago). Only using it as a carry-on keeps it in good shape.
Yeah but when you find out your plane is changed to one of those Buddy Holly planes with no overhead bins and you have to entrust it to the baggage handlers to put it in the boot ...
Then you take your seat, look out the window and see it getting kicked and tossed around the apron on that double decker trolley thing they use!!

(I have a cheaper-than-Rimowa aluminIum rollaboard which I try to baby but it’s not always easy and it’s picked up a couple of rings despite my best efforts!!)

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you! They're Lindricks.

I had a chance to get the Skye boots at a good price once but they were just too similar to the Lindricks.
I couldn't make out the swoop on the side since there is a shadow in the picture, but agreed they are much too similar to have both in the same material

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads