• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like the hand in pocket is a good way to hold his coats back and get a better look at the full fit.

I, for one, appreciate more natural poses. Robo-poses are great if you want to check on whether/how something fits, but boring to look when compared to shots in motion or at least with a more natural pose.
Did you mean hands in pockets in general or how I'm posing in those shots?

I don't like my hands just dangling on the side doing nothing. They've got to be doing something.

I also like the way overcoats drape the way that I pose in those shots. One side shows the coat straight down and the other reveals more of the outfit in context.

It appears as if you have your right hand in your jacket pocket and your left hand in your pant pocket. Not something I see often in the wild. I understand the rationale, but it still looks unnatural to me. Not a big deal. Carry on being amazing.

stevam

Reaction score
Hola!

Personally, I like this combo... I would only trade the sport coat for an unlined and unstructured blazer.
I think the pants could be paired with a safari jacket or something of similar casual-ness
Or a linen safari jacket, yes. Spot on!

JohnAAG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too long between posts. Trying something different with the whole posing thing

IMG_20210617_134935_043.jpg

Persol
Salvatore Piccolo
López Aragón
Aurélien

The book is From Tailors With Love and was written by two friends. It covers the history of clothing in the Bond films (Anthony Sinclair, Frank Foster, etc. up to the current films). Fun read if that interests you.

Cheers!
John

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Celebrating Sweden’s win over Slovakia in the Euros with a thematic colour palette.
View attachment 1626548
Drake’s over shirt
Stenströms shirt
Hertling seersucker trousers

Nice trousers, but this is like celebrating the inevitability of the sun's rising every morning.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads