• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8961f73b066650a8c8f145e37ba16ac797300cf1.jpg
99d0fa4a2abbd21b00799d54b30b263b4f112161.jpg
d112088756bb05db589f814b5646f9ecb1ab8eba.jpg

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great look. Jacket, sweater and pants are perfect together. I've really been enjoying your recent looks in brown and olive with pops of color. I still don't understand this pocket fisting strategy though.

Seems like the hand in pocket is a good way to hold his coats back and get a better look at the full fit.

I, for one, appreciate more natural poses. Robo-poses are great if you want to check on whether/how something fits, but boring to look when compared to shots in motion or at least with a more natural pose.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Drawstring trousers and a jacket only works if you aren't older than say 23. They look nice on their own but not with the rest of the items.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great look. Jacket, sweater and pants are perfect together. I've really been enjoying your recent looks in brown and olive with pops of color. I still don't understand this pocket fisting strategy though.

Did you mean hands in pockets in general or how I'm posing in those shots?

I don't like my hands just dangling on the side doing nothing. They've got to be doing something.

I also like the way overcoats drape the way that I pose in those shots. One side shows the coat straight down and the other reveals more of the outfit in context.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
33 doesn't count? :laugh: But yeap, to be honest, after looking at the pics, there's something that doesn't convince me. Maybe I should ditch the jacket.
Ditch the jacket and go with a short sleeved shirt with a camp collar and you have a nice relaxed casual outfit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads