• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been sitting on a LuxeSwap/NMWA trade-up credit for months now, paralyzed by indecision. Does anyone here shop at NMWA and have a recommendation for either light/midweight jackets or knitwear from them?

GRP is coming next Friday! I can’t say more about them in terms of knitwear and just got my preordered linen tunic by Inis which I think would do great even out here in the East Bay.

Camo came out last week and I have a few pieces that are really nice and have been eyeing a hopsack light jacket, and of course there is Valstar as well.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been sitting on a LuxeSwap/NMWA trade-up credit for months now, paralyzed by indecision. Does anyone here shop at NMWA and have a recommendation for either light/midweight jackets or knitwear from them?
On the jacket front, pretty much anything from Valstar will not disappoint

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I struggle with the notion of a gathered waist on a jacket. I don't think they're super flattering on le dad bod. :)

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cad & The Dandy wax safari.

2508C80B-F25C-459C-8B83-984B8CF4009B.jpeg
EA935338-EABF-4FA9-88B9-71D72FC49D9B.jpeg
10F068C4-218C-4468-B067-C3D23D71B508.jpeg

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
North Sea Clothing cardigan, Drake’s shirt and an old pair of Austin Reed cords. Dad bod model’s own.

The Drake’s shirt is quite an odd texture, kind of pre pilled, as the second pic shows. Super comfortable though, as is the NSC cardigan. I’ve got around half a dozen pieces of their knitwear.

2293E0D5-BEC8-4112-8A49-C16EB41A1D4E.jpeg
2D96C021-8A66-442D-97BF-17F3BDE07F93.jpeg

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't have one, but I think the Tony barn jacket looks great. Also agree there are a number of Valstar jackets I'd be happy to own (I love the one I do have). I'm not sure if there is another round of Fujito jungle jackets coming but those look great to me also.

Canadianguy

Reaction score
North Sea Clothing cardigan, Drake’s shirt and an old pair of Austin Reed cords. Dad bod model’s own.

The Drake’s shirt is quite an odd texture, kind of pre pilled, as the second pic shows. Super comfortable though, as is the NSC cardigan. I’ve got around half a dozen pieces of their knitwear.

View attachment 1593539 View attachment 1593540

Looks comfy. That’s quite the record collection behind you as well! Mostly classical?

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Felt cute, might delete later
All items except the trousers are second hand stuff.

Shirt: Berg & Berg
Sweater: Alan Paine
Jacket: Rose and Born
Trousers: De Petrillo 25cm/10” leg opening
Shoes: Loake 1880 Export Grade
16833538-AD2C-46CF-A4DD-CB7A98E2B202.jpeg

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I hear you on the le dad bod comment, although I have a Valstarino that I love, I just wear it unbuttoned most of the time.

Here are some items I have personal experience with (most, see notes)

For lightweight jackets:

DBF (I have last summer’s painter’s jacket, it’s amazing)
https://nomanwalksalone.com/catalog...ue-linen-crewneck-sweater-restock/category/2/

SDC:
https://nomanwalksalone.com/clothin...in-overdyed-washed-olive-cotton-and-hemp.html

Portuguese Flannel makes nice chore coats:
https://nomanwalksalone.com/clothin...shirt-jacket-in-olive-green-washed-linen.html

Tony Shirt Shacket (I have three and they are great)
https://nomanwalksalone.com/clothing/jackets/shirt-jacket-in-green-cotton-seersucker.html

G Inlgese make very nice shirts, I have not seen the jackets in person, but they look great to me:
https://nomanwalksalone.com/clothing/jackets/exclusive-sahariana-shirt-jacket-in-brown-linen.html

For Knits, love their stuff from Inis Meain
I have this one it’s a very versatile, spring/summer/fall knit
https://nomanwalksalone.com/catalog...ue-linen-crewneck-sweater-restock/category/2/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads