• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At least the fabrics aren't garish, as they were in the 70's (God knows I lived through the 70's and committed many a sin against style), but I do suggest anyone attempting to wear such clothes as shown be as slender as the models.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
494a4fc3a47319c5ba2226f8c997812e133afa22.jpg
a5f1deb3f82fabae7a96c5996bd8c6d3202842bf.jpg

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I swear, you have the best shoe game on the forum. Not always what I'd wear, but consistently fitting and cool.

These particular boots are fantastic though, and I particularly like that sweater with them. Nicely done!

After lurking through the last 1000 or so pages over the past few weeks, finally decided to post myself after all the inspiration seen.

Trousers are probably too tapered. Any other feedback would be greatly appreciated!

View attachment 1559969

First off, welcome to the forum - and full points for the haircut!

I like the colour combination here, although you might consider a different shirt - maybe something slightly darker. The trousers are personal preference. I like mine wider, but these look good too - especially with loafers instead of laced shoes (nice Gucci's, btw).

Nice job with the first post!

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Magnolia season in San Francisco. The fallen leaves look prehistoric when deteriorated.
View attachment 1559998

FORUM PROPOSAL: I think you should only be allowed to post every other week, to give everyone else a fighting chance!

Great scarf. I'm encouraged by seeing these more in people's outfits these days.

TonyStarks

Reaction score
I swear, you have the best shoe game on the forum. Not always what I'd wear, but consistently fitting and cool.

These particular boots are fantastic though, and I particularly like that sweater with them. Nicely done!

I like the colour combination here, although you might consider a different shirt - maybe something slightly darker. The trousers are personal preference. I like mine wider, but these look good too - especially with loafers instead of laced shoes (nice Gucci's, btw).

thanks for the feedback!

You know I see others pull off, say, a blue shirt with something similar to this but I just didn’t feel confident that it would work. What shirt would you have gone with specifically?

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After lurking through the last 1000 or so pages over the past few weeks, finally decided to post myself after all the inspiration seen.

Trousers are probably too tapered. Any other feedback would be greatly appreciated!

View attachment 1559969

Great first post. Fit on sport coat looks very good. As stated, trouser width is a personal preference thing, these look fine (although I prefer mine slightly wider)

Regarding the shirt, white looks OK with your coat/trouser choice, but a light blue would soften the whole look and give a slightly more casual vibe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads