• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BB_Adept

Reaction score
I was just about to order something from Natalino when i read this post. What do you mean by that? Too much space around the thigh or too tight around the ankles? I was thinking about trying a size 54R with my 95-97kg 182cm.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The problem wit

The problem with Natalino trousers is they are very tapered.

I have not purchased from Natalino since last spring so unless they changed their fit I find under .5in smaller opening on them compared to the high-rise pleated S&M models. So unless you have the exact same inseam as the stock models for Natalino the opening won’t be too drastic.

pickergc

Reaction score
I was just about to order something from Natalino when i read this post. What do you mean by that? Too much space around the thigh or too tight around the ankles? I was thinking about trying a size 54R with my 95-97kg 182cm.
I'm a 38S/54S in Natalino and don't find the trousers to be too tapered. YMMV

Stylewords

Reaction score
There are obviously differing opinions, but under 8-inch leg openings on pleated dress trousers (with reasonbly wide thighs) is ridiculousy narrow imho. Take a look at some of the photos of people wearing them and make up your own mind.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are obviously differing opinions, but under 8-inch leg openings on pleated dress trousers (with reasonbly wide thighs) is ridiculousy narrow imho. Take a look at some of the photos of people wearing them and make up your own mind.

This is entirely based on some of the model photos I’ve seen and I agree it looks far more drastic than how I feel it looks on myself. The models they show on IG and such look very thin, so it makes the top block look off in comparison.

But my 34R pairs that were taken up at the cuff are just a hair below 8in while my S&M Neo trousers are just shy of 8.25. I think a way to mitigate that smaller opening would be to buy the longer size and have them brought up.

Good luck adept!

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
805e9c5c0a066c08138c3e263eff5db5731ea367.jpg
3315a5ff49fbb66d80e06ee076536e08a0ff9abb.jpg

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Egdon Heath

Reaction score
Please don't bring politics in here.
You just did.

Wearing red, white and blue on Inaugural Day once every four years is no different than wearing red, white and blue every year on the 4th of July. I tend to do both, albeit limited to a single pair of star spangled Chucks. Don't smother the non-partisan patriotism of dress many of us like to roll out every so often.

Last edited:

Stylewords

Reaction score
You just did.

Wearing red, white and blue on Inaugural Day once every four years is no different then wearing red, white and blue every year on the 4th of July. I tend to do both, albeit limited to a single pair of star spangled Chucks. Don't smother the non-partison patriotism of dress many of us like to roll out every so often.
I was referring to the "**** you, Trump" comment, not the color of his clothes.

Egdon Heath

Reaction score
I was referring to the "**** you, Trump" comment, not the color of his clothes.
Oh. I didn't check the Spoiler.

So this guy he spoilerly spoke of, a politician or something? Okay, my short term memory's shot. (So how is it I remember to dress so well?)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads