• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
24ee598559684f3c286e367dd872d738849a2405.jpg
7571d1b77264b4ac653ea1078a147562be66e449.jpg

BB_Adept

Reaction score
Whenever i have a look into this thread, i am yealous of all the classic pants i see here.
I myself just cannot seem to find anything like that, i do not even know the features i particularly like, but i do like them.

khughes44

Reaction score
Whenever i have a look into this thread, i am yealous of all the classic pants i see here.
I myself just cannot seem to find anything like that, i do not even know the features i particularly like, but i do like them.
Why not get a pair? Try Polo Ralph Lauren Preston or Dalton. They’re made in Italy and are of very high quality, and can sometimes be gotten very cheap. A few alterations and you’re on!

BB_Adept

Reaction score
I have muscular thighs and buttocks. Therefore it is difficult for me to order online since i do not quite know which size to start with. Shopping in town is also difficult, there are very few shops where i live and i have little time.

Also i am having trouble figuring out which pair of pants is classic in the first place (regarding the fit).

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have muscular thighs and buttocks. Therefore it is difficult for me to order online since i do not quite know which size to start with. Shopping in town is also difficult, there are very few shops where i live and i have little time.

Also i am having trouble figuring out which pair of pants is classic in the first place (regarding the fit).
I do too. I've been racing bikes for a decade or so and any fast-fashion stuff fits me terribly.

1. Find something with pleats. Either single or double.
2. Try out Spier & Mackay Contemporary. Great value for the fit that allows our muscular lower bodies.
3. @1st Step posted some awesome pants from The Rake. The cut looks nice and comfortable and the price wasn't too bad IIRC.

Good luck

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why not get a pair? Try Polo Ralph Lauren Preston or Dalton. They’re made in Italy and are of very high quality, and can sometimes be gotten very cheap. A few alterations and you’re on!

@khughes44 gave you two different examples. Search eBay.

As for sizing, start with your waist measurement. Experiment and go from there.

I have larger thighs and rear, and the Preston model fits me well in my waist size. For some other brands, I “size up” on waist size to accommodate seat, then take in the waist a little.

BB_Adept

Reaction score
Thank you for your kind replys.
Ebay is not an option (no items available in Germany). I just ordered a pair of pants from suitsupply with pleats and a high rise.
Will see if these fit well enough to order a second pair.
As for Spier and Mackay: I do not want to order from the US since returning would be difficult.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your kind replys.
Ebay is not an option (no items available in Germany). I just ordered a pair of pants from suitsupply with pleats and a high rise.
Will see if these fit well enough to order a second pair.
As for Spier and Mackay: I do not want to order from the US since returning would be difficult.

I have the same issues and agree with what @Eli Curt and @hpreston have said. I have also found Natalino (UK based) to be a good fit as well. A little more expensive than S&M but I found they fit better in the top block in the first place and I believe all their trousers are at least single pleat.

Stylewords

Reaction score
The problem wit
I have the same issues and agree with what @Eli Curt and @hpreston have said. I have also found Natalino (UK based) to be a good fit as well. A little more expensive than S&M but I found they fit better in the top block in the first place and I believe all their trousers are at least single pleat.
The problem with Natalino trousers is they are very tapered.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads