• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kappelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today.

50058232721_585aab5867_b.jpg

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little waterfall and me.

IMG_4586.jpeg

Brooks Brothers corduroy jacket and cotton/cashmere blend button down shirt, Burberry Nova Plaid pocket square, Lands' End trousers, and Allen-Edmonds saddle shoes.

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Green T from the day before yesterday... still fresh in memory like it was today

Adsky%2Bgreen%2Bt%2Bjune%2B2020%2B1.jpg

green levi's t-shirt from some time back, white chinos in some old full-leggish cut not bought yesterday either but more like nigh on 20 years ago, and a pair suede shoes in swamp green

Adsky%2Bgreen%2Bt%2Bjune%2B2020%2B3.jpg

Adsky%2Bgreen%2Bt%2Bjune%2B2020%2B4.jpg

Last edited:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Green T from the day before yesterday... still fresh in memory like it was today

Adsky%2Bgreen%2Bt%2Bjune%2B2020%2B1.jpg

green levi's t-shirt from some time back, white chinos in some old full-leggish cut not bought yesterday either but more like nigh on 20 years ago, and a pair suede shoes in swamp green

Adsky%2Bgreen%2Bt%2Bjune%2B2020%2B3.jpg

Adsky%2Bgreen%2Bt%2Bjune%2B2020%2B4.jpg
For the love of god please get your strides hemmed.
Maybe this is “your thing” but it’s not flattering at all having them puddle around your ankles and I shudder to think what the hems of those white ones look like after a day scraping along on the ground behind your shoes.

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
they were already shortened once, I must have grown shorter
and they are 20 years old like I said and don't look too bad
but maybe it's because these are my indoor shoes with thin soles but when I go out tend to wear some with thicker / higher soles or sneakers where they stand on on the sneaker top so not too much of a problem
but thanks, may still do something about it

Last edited:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they were already hemmed once, I must have grown shorter
and they are 20 years old like I said and don't look too bad
but maybe it's because these are my indoor shoes with thin soles but when I go out tend to wear some with thicker / higher soles or sneakers where they stand on on the sneaker top so not too much of a problem
but thanks, may still do something about it
You’re in denial mate. You need at least four inches off them. Look at the post right after yours. I’m not a fan of such tall rolled cuffs on jeans but that’s pretty close to the optimal length as an example of how they should meet your shoes.

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
You’re in denial mate. You need at least four inches off them. Look at the post right after yours. I’m not a fan of such tall rolled cuffs on jeans but that’s pretty close to the optimal length as an example of how they should meet your shoes.

That's no break.
I prefer my trousers to have a lot more break, full break even, which fits me better I think and works better on wider-leg pants
However I am not denying that this pair may just may be a little too long

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dropped off all of my trousers to my tailor, I gave him a printed jpeg for reference with the simple instruction to "make them Adsky length, this **** is about to pop".

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some interesting fits here recently. I had a chance to wear some vibrant strides, which I had hemmed recently, to see a few people for brunch this morning.

I wish I had cause to wear them more often.

20200702_061311.jpg

Silk SC: Isaia
Linen Button-up: S&M
Cotton Strides: S&M
Woven Belt: Andersen's
Yak Suede Double Monks: Isaia
Signet Ring: Model's own vintage

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads