• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Would have preferred dark brown shoes for this last one, but both of these corduroy suit with sweater fits are very nice.

Who makes the sweaters?

#dadcore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Would have preferred dark brown shoes for this last one, but both of these corduroy suit with sweater fits are very nice.

Who makes the sweaters?

Those are the RL shell cordovan Marlows, they are dark brown from some angles, but the camera caught them at their lightest. I agree with you conceptually though, there needs to be contrast.

Here they are in my office, you can see they have a wide variation in color depending on the angle the light hits each panel.

IMG_0220.jpg

As for the sweaters, the one under the green suit is an O'Connell's shetland. The one under the brown suit is a linen Inis Meain.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Gus_McCrae

Reaction score
I wouldn't wear these pieces together; though I have no problems with anything you're wearing.

What is the basis of the disagreement?

she didn’t like the color of the vest. Preferred navy,or if I was going to wear the burgundy she preferred a white OCB.

she also thought the silk square was too much with tweed.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
she didn’t like the color of the vest. Preferred navy,or if I was going to wear the burgundy she preferred a white OCB.

she also thought the silk square was too much with tweed.
I hate to disagree with wives, but I entirely disagree that a silk square is too much with tweed. I might (or might not!) go with a more muted color for the square, but I think that's great.
I agree with the earlier comment that I see no problem with the top half of the fit, I like it very much.
Where I lose you is either with the cords or with the shoes. I could keep one but not the other. If you keep the shoes, I would want to trousers in a cooler color. Not sure what I'd recommend, but not tan.
Or you could change the shoes to a brown and be fine. Burgundy would be fine as well.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads