1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by acecow, Jul 6, 2011.

1. LounesMatoub

LounesMatoub Active Member

@Reevolving
    For me the most versatile sweater is a thin mid-grey v-neck or crew neck. You can wear them with a suit or casual with jeans for example.

1 person likes this.
  2. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think chocolate brown merino sweaters are very versatile.

2 people like this.
  3. Isolation

Isolation Senior member

If you want winter khakis, why not just go cavalry twill or molsekin?

4. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

I have a shawl mig grey wool caridgan . Love it

5. Chulillo

Chulillo Senior member

In regards to that question about the sweater, I would say a V-neck wool-silk navy sweater... and dark green, and mid-gray hahaha I use those three color all the time.

1 person likes this.
  6. applky

applky Senior member

I agree with you in general, but @chocsosa just does snug jackets as a style choice. A few people (myself included) have said this to him and it always comes down to, "Thanks, but I'm good." Which is just part of having personal style.

Sometimes when I post stuff I get grief for wearing too many patterns -- although now being multi-patterned is, annoyingly, more on trend -- which is a legitimate criticism that I accept, but still think, whatever, it's how I dress. Knowing exactly how you color outside the lines is liberating.

7. jcmeyer

jcmeyer Senior member

I was on the edge, teetering on the precipice, but this post brought me back. Did you ever know that you're my heeeeeerrrrrooooooo?

Tie was loosened for the party. Many belgian ales were consumed. Much rejoicing there was.

1 person likes this.
  8. applky

applky Senior member

Paging @F. Corbera

9. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Just FYI, if it matters to you at all -- and it needn't -- that's a women's cardigan. You can tell from how the garment buttons.

10. LounesMatoub

@dieworkwear Yes of course it matters for me. [​IMG] I ordered it from the wollovers website. Can you explain it to me more detailed?

Thanks.

11. jaywhyy

jaywhyy Senior member

The buttons are on the left side.

12. rossoz

rossoz Senior member

Re,

Maybe not premium quality, but I have some J Crew chinos that are very heavy and seem to be indestructible. I've had them for years in the khaki brown color and I can't seem to wear them out. I wear them for winter golf too. I love the fit as the legs have a narrow opening. They keep a crease very well.

Cheers,

13. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

As the poster above mentioned, the buttons are on the left side. Men's garments have buttons on the right.

The style isn't particularly feminine, and frankly, few people know that kind of gender detail. Again, only if it matters to you, and it needn't.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  14. jcmeyer

jcmeyer Senior member

I've always heard the same thing about buttons, but I do know that in terms of zippers on jackets, the left-right choice seems to also be based on the maker/country of origin. Like I'm pretty sure Ben Sherman stuff is opposite of what you would find at Jcrew or another american brand. So is it really a universal rule on buttons or just the vast majority?

15. LounesMatoub

Ok for a minute i was confused but I found the mistake. You are right and not right. Yes if the buttons are on the left side its a women's garment. Didn't know that before. Thanks. But in my case they aren't because the photo was taken mirrored with my macbook. Here another pic my wife was taken seconds ago because i asked her. (Now she probably thinks I am totally crazy)

Picture:

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. Isolation

Isolation Senior member

I love my women's cardigans anyway.

Well here's me in a new overcoat:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11 people like this.
  17. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Senior member

^ I love that jacket. Great color. What's up with the sweater. Are you hiding a hickey or a goiter or is that a neck brace.

1 person likes this.
  18. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Senior member

Just noticed to in the original picture that you're wearing a womens shirt too and you're wearing your wedding band on your right hand...or the picture is inverted and all is well.

1 person likes this.
  19. LounesMatoub

In Germany it is actually usual to wear the wedding band on the right hand and sometimes I get asked why I wear it left.

All that "left" "right" can be confusing sometimes. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  20. flvinny521

flvinny521 Senior member

Details on the Visodate strap? Looking to replace mine.